Captain
# 11
02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Nooo... New Romulus is the capital of T'Dans group. The mission "Cutting the Cord" hinted that the Brea System had become the new headquarters of the Romulan Star Empire. Sela and Hakeev were there after all.

A Vault adventure zone though... now THATS an idea!
According to what NPCs say, since Sela disappeared and the Brea base was destroyed, the Romulan Empire is in the middle of a civil war, as factions try to seize power. Also, the Empire is already at war against the Remans. Even if/when Sela return, I'm not sure if it will stop.

If there is a Romulan faction, it won't be the Tal Shiar (sound obvious since they are with the arch nemesis of the galaxy, the Iconian, which mean new missions, no common stf...).
If it's Sela's Empire, it's also doubtful, because they wouldn't do STF with the 2 feds and klingons, Sela want Borg tech, but the others will do whatever they can to prevent it. I can't imagine OMEGA reputation for a Sela's Romulan Empire.
The only faction left is New Romulus.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Sorry, think of it like going to Disneyland. There are a lot of cool looking areas you see from the rides, but if you walked over to them, you'd see they're plywoood cutouts and such.

Yes, you can walk there, but there's nothing exciting down there. Perhaps in the future.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 13
02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
I recall a dev saying we will see the building of the city as the story progresses.
So wait, let me get this straight. It's a reputation grind on New Romulus. That involves obtaining large amounts of resources to hand in. And eventually the gates will open! To ...

The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj!

I've done this before. Wow.
Rihannsu
# 14
02-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Why? New Romulus is the new capital of the Empire, only makes sense. Only other viable options I could think of is Rator, the Vault, or maybe bring back Romii and make Iota Pavonis viable.
The new Romulan homeworld was build on Rator III.
If there is going to be a Romulan faction, it should be stationed there..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Commander
# 15
02-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
Rator III is the Romulan Star Empire's headquarters at this point. The New Romulan Empire, as the wiki puts it, has Mol'Rihan (New Romulus) as its capital planet, which is what people are talking about in this thread.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
02-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Sorry, think of it like going to Disneyland. There are a lot of cool looking areas you see from the rides, but if you walked over to them, you'd see they're plywoood cutouts and such.

Yes, you can walk there, but there's nothing exciting down there. Perhaps in the future.
Don't dash their hopes like that. You need to tell them that it's a totally awesome area that you can visit when you achieve a special (and very secret) accolade. All the cool players hang out there but are sworn to secrecy.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 17
02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I don't think so. If they were going to make a Romulan Faction the base of Operations shouldn't be New Romulus.
There is no way IMHO they would make Roimulans loyal to the Tal Shiar playable.

Start thinking through things:

Any playable Romulans will get the same Feature Episodes as Feds and KDF. They will also be teamed with Feds and Klingons in STFs. There's no way Cryptic would make that exception.

Seeing as how the Tal Shiar and the old Empire loyalists want the death of all life in the galaxy (heck, including Romulans), that teaming dynamic wouldn't work.

The New Romulus Romulans will be the only ones that will be playable.
Career Officer
# 18
02-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
According to what NPCs say, since Sela disappeared and the Brea base was destroyed, the Romulan Empire is in the middle of a civil war, as factions try to seize power. Also, the Empire is already at war against the Remans. Even if/when Sela return, I'm not sure if it will stop.

If there is a Romulan faction, it won't be the Tal Shiar (sound obvious since they are with the arch nemesis of the galaxy, the Iconian, which mean new missions, no common stf...).
If it's Sela's Empire, it's also doubtful, because they wouldn't do STF with the 2 feds and klingons, Sela want Borg tech, but the others will do whatever they can to prevent it. I can't imagine OMEGA reputation for a Sela's Romulan Empire.
The only faction left is New Romulus.
Beat me to it. Yup.
Commander
# 19
02-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
It would be a waste of effort building that area if all we do is look at it from a distance!
I would assume it's just remnants of other development projects being used as filler to add a little bit of atmosphere to the zone.
Career Officer
# 20
02-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
Key word - was.

In the New Romulus storyline, Rator III broke into infighting among factions after Sela's disappearance. D'Tan, the Remans, and others moved to New Romulus to establish a new capitol and to begin a new Romulan Star Empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
There is no way IMHO they would make Romulans loyal to the Tal Shiar playable.

Start thinking through things:

Any playable Romulans will get the same Feature Episodes as Feds and KDF. They will also be teamed with Feds and Klingons in STFs. There's no way Cryptic would make that exception.

Seeing as how the Tal Shiar and the old Empire loyalists want the death of all life in the galaxy (heck, including Romulans), that teaming dynamic wouldn't work.

The New Romulus Romulans will be the only ones that will be playable.

Yeah, at this point given the reinvention of the Romulans, they will be "friendly" to the Federation and the KDF, while the Tal Shiar would be similar to how the KDF have the Rival Klingons in benig antagonists.

Personally, just hope that the Romulan faction would be different than how they made Federation and KDF. Before Season 7, I was hoping the Romulan faction would be more around spying and infiltration and get away from the Tactical / Engineering / Science careers.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!