Republic Veteran
# 1 Time for Private Quarters?
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM
We have Fleet Starbases and Fleet Embassies. We also have the new reputation system.

I think it is time for private quarters on ESD and on Qo'noS.

Using the same mechanic designed for the fleet starbases can be used to provide people private quarters. Start with maybe two or three options (or tie them to the careers) and have all of the trophies, accolades, and other decorations available for unlock. A new player would have a blank room while a long term veteran would have what is essentially hoarder's room.

This would be a great way for people to see what they have accomplished as well as invite others to see what they have accomplished. But we could also have special projects where different decorations are added to your quarters. Perhaps they could release a fish tank, or a model of the Enterprise F, or even different pictures.

The system is already in place and all you would need are some designers to build the quarters and the rewards. *ahem*

This had been discussed long ago, but I think we finally have the foundational requirements to add this to the game.

/two slips
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 2
02-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd prefer having this functionality on board our starships, as part of a major interior revamp.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 3
02-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I agree with Sumghai. I would rather have this on board my ship.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh, I don't care where. They could be a hut on the beach for all I care. But just put them in.
Career Officer
# 5
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I'd prefer having this functionality on board our starships, as part of a major interior revamp.
ESPECIALLY if our quarters had a footlocker of some sort, or access to the Cargo Bay (in other words, the character bank). What would be even NEATER would be some kind of decoration area. You could choose paintings, a screen with a starscape, or maybe even a weapons rack (a mini-bank, not accessible from your regular one, where you could store ground weapons and they would display on the wall).

And, of course, our quarters need to have poker/tongo tables (Feds get poker, KDF gets tongo, they're both effectively the same).
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 6
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I like it both ways. Being an Admiral, having an office on ESD as one personal grind and another aboard ship to fancy up your Quarters and Ready Room would be another.
Lieutenant
# 7
02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
How would that work, since there are so many different "instances" of ESD?
Career Officer
# 8
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds9fan2 View Post
How would that work, since there are so many different "instances" of ESD?
The same way it does on Mol'Rihan with the Embassy: All it is is a door. When you use the door, it loads up what you have and generates your private instance.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lieutenant
# 9
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
The same way it does on Mol'Rihan with the Embassy: All it is is a door. When you use the door, it loads up what you have and generates your private instance.
I see. I thought other people would be able to visit your quarters.
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Or an option at the turbolift. There are plenty of ways to do it. Like bridges and fleet bases, you invite people to your room. That way they end up in the same instance as you.

Another way to do it is to provide a whole floor of prebuilt rooms you can visit with your room being the one at the end of the hall. Your room responds to your work with the other rooms can be controlled by the devs as teases.