Commander
OK gents, yes, I know the 200,000 fleet credit ships have fleet versions, but I don't have 4 fleet modules for them and don't have the inclination to save the ECs right now. Also, I already have the Odyssey Star Cruiser due to last year's anniversary event. so my question to you all is:
If you could buy one ship from your fleet starbase for 200,000 fleet credits, which one would it be?

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 2
02-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
OK gents, yes, I know the 200,000 fleet credit ships have fleet versions, but I don't have 4 fleet modules for them and don't have the inclination to save the ECs right now. Also, I already have the Odyssey Star Cruiser due to last year's anniversary event. so my question to you all is:
If you could buy one ship from your fleet starbase for 200,000 fleet credits, which one would it be?
Wouldn't, they're a waste of Fleet Credits.
Captain
# 3
02-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
^ This. Many times over.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 4
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Yeah, you'll probably get better performance out of whatever Rear Admiral ship you have, and using those Fleet Credits to buy Fleet weapons for it.

Though if I were you, I'd hold onto 20,000 credits until you either feel comfortable with spending $20 on a Fleet ship, or grind up the EC/Dilithium to purchase FSMs.

At present, the regular Retrofits from the Fleet shipyard aren't any better than the RA ships.
Captain
# 5
02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
^ there. topic can be closed now.

just collect enough money for a fleet retrofit. 20 mil EC is not that much, you should get it in a week or so (and if you are playing actively, you will also get dilithium next to it, so in the end it will probably be 15-10 mil only)
the only ship that is worth the 200k FC is the Odyssey, and maybe if and when they add it, the Ambassador
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 12:26 AM
In general I'm going to have to agree with the consensus that it's not worth getting one. However, there are two possible exceptions to this (although I'd still wait until I could get the FSMs for the fleet version). Those two are the Heavy Cruiser Retrofit and the Research Science Vessel Retrofit. Both have weaker hulls than the free RA ships, but have some specific advantage over them. The Heavy Cruiser Retrofit has a turn rate of 8, the same as the Excelsior, which gives it greater damage potential than the RA Assault Cruiser, with which it shares its boff layout. The Research Science Vessel Retrofit is similar to the Recon Sci in turn rate, but has the same boff layout as the D'Kyr (which I would never want for PvE, but anyway). So those, along with the Odyssey, are the only ones you might consider getting, although I'd still skip any of them and save the credits for anything else, or just to have in the bank for later (personally I'm making a point of buying as many of my fleet's Embassy Provisions as I can, since I have credit I don't need).
Captain
# 7
02-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I would have to say that the Heavy Cruiser variants (not talking about the Excelsior) available by the fleet store have some interesting potential to them that has yet to be explored - and might never be, considering their somewhat esoteric position in the ship lists. I would have to go with the Heavy Cruiser Retrofit.

That said, I'm not too hot on any of them and wouldn't bother picking one up, most likely.