Captain
# 111
03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
Dunno why everyone wants a freaking cloaking device.

A) The only cloak thats really worth a crap is the BoP's battle cloak. Which is exclusively for those ships and they sacrifice quite a bit for having it.

B) There are many far better and beneficial consoles to use in that slot over a cloak that you can only use when out of Red Alert. And if your cloaking a lot, then your not doing much work.
Good point with the BoPs. The class sacrifices a fair bit in the stats in order to justify having a battlecloak, which isn't even all that awesome in most situations. It's why I'm in favor of boosting a few select stats (speed modifier being one). It only really shines in Ker'rat, because it's a free-flowing PvP zone, not an instanced zone with a strict limitation on number of players.

If the Federation players want a battlecloak, then it should be on a ship that's gimped in a similar manner to the BoPs. Less hull, less shields, fewer weapon slots, etc.
Lieutenant
# 112
03-14-2013, 08:16 AM
The only cloak I'd like to see for the federation is a battle cloak for the defiant class
Captain
# 113
03-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabaddaba View Post
The only cloak I'd like to see for the federation is a battle cloak for the defiant class
there is 2 responses to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
Career Officer
# 114
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Hehehe....

This thread is always amazing. Take one power of very, very limited use. Give it to one side. Give an even more limited version to the other side. Watch both sides fight vehemently about how broken things are/would be, even tho they are talking about the weakest ability in the game...

If cloak was worth a damn, people would load MES. They don't. The only thing it is useful for is the short lived damage boost. There are plenty of other damage boosts out there, the cloak one is a non issue. If you aren't a BoP you get it once per engagement. If your a BoP you risk death with your shields down.

Cloaking is fun. Cloaking is cool. Cloaking is about as useful as mammaries on a male bovine. Give them away I say, fun > all.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Commander
# 115
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Because D'Tan isn't a secretive douche who would rather turn down help than give something in return. Also this is the NEW romulan faction not the old one which is all menacing and stuff you guys can't seem to get that apparently.
Wait... they're adding a Romulan faction and it won't be the least bit enigmatic or menacing? Fail.
Empire Veteran
# 116
03-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
If cloak was worth a damn, people would load MES. They don't.
Up until today, MES was useful actually thanks to the Romulan BOFFs. Not so much again.

Captain
# 117
03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
only one ship in the federation had a cloak

Sisko's Defiant................period no other had it

In a alternate timeline the Galaxy X
one ship had a phased cloak

STO breaks canon allowing players to get a cloak with a defiant right now
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Empire Veteran
# 118
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Wait... they're adding a Romulan faction and it won't be the least bit enigmatic or menacing? Fail.
Right after the Borg suddenly become pacifists whom run a Interstellar chain of Hostels for the traveling sentients on the go......
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 119
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
STO broke Canon by adding the TOS connie to the game as a playable ship...

Canon went to warp a long time ago.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Survivor of Romulus
# 120
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
only one ship in the federation had a cloak

Sisko's Defiant................period no other had it

In a alternate timeline the Galaxy X
one ship had a phased cloak

It's not breaking canon. It's 30 years in the future, and a lot can happen in that time.

As to the Romulan Empire, there's no real indication that a new faction would be the same one D'tan is part of. There are still plenty of factions in the Empire, and I doubt most Romulans would want to follow someone as benign anyway. I have a few reasons, too.

1. If the playable Romulan faction is led by D'tan, then there is no viable reason for Fed vs Romulan or Fed vs Klingon pvp. D'tan has asked for help from both, and existing players are doing dailies there and earning rewards with that reputation system.

2. D'tan does not speak for the entire Empire, and those of you who have done the Reputation rewards know that he is already receiving opposition from both inside and outside the Empire. The Reunification Movement is equivalent to the hippies of the 60's. They may have had a lot of visibility, but not everyone liked or agreed with them, and a lot of people hated them.

3. The Reunification Movement does not have control of the majority of Romulan resources. That's why they need the Federation and Klingons to help them, because the fleet is controlled by Admirals or Senators, or whoever it is at the moment.

Whoever leads the Romulan faction will need to either be Praetor / Emperor, or at least an Admiral (such as Admiral Quinn for the Federation). D'tan doesn't really fit the role in character, or in the amount of power he wields.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Closed Thread