Lieutenant
Greetings all.

Anyone who doesn't move, fire or do anything in an STF needs to be removed after 3 minutes so they cannot just afk for rewards and leave the team a man short.

This opens up the STF for another to join.

Nice, simple, helps remove some of the abusers, I realize not all but some.
Career Officer
# 2
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
yes this is way old and all over new romulan stuff
what gets me is how they don't enforce it when they clearly exploiting it for marks
what I also don't get is leaving team in fleet actions to bypass need or greed
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paareth View Post
Greetings all.

Anyone who doesn't move, fire or do anything in an STF needs to be removed after 3 minutes so they cannot just afk for rewards and leave the team a man short.

This opens up the STF for another to join.

Nice, simple, helps remove some of the abusers, I realize not all but some.
It would take about 2-3 minutes for a determined leecher to circumvent that. Even something as simple as a weight on one or two keyboard buttons would probably suffice in space encounters.
Career Officer
# 4
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
It would take about 2-3 minutes for a determined leecher to circumvent that. Even something as simple as a weight on one or two keyboard buttons would probably suffice in space encounters.
AFKers are becoming a serious issue not just in STFs, but in fleet actions. Could some DEV at least give us a nod to the fact this is even on their radar?
Lieutenant
# 5
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't mean to be cynacil but i've seen these threads for months. Yes it's something that needs to be addressed unfortunatley hasn't been at this time, hopefully will be though.
Captain
# 6
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
If you see someone that is intentionally afk, then it is open season to have fun with them. Leave, have a cube follow you to the afker, wait 20 minutes, etc. As long as there are lazy people that want rewards, then there will be afkers.

Most effective method would be to have the game itself punish afkers. I played City of Heroes and their Incarnate Raids had a mechanism where if not enough useful activity is done (damaging npcs, healing allies), then they get the consolation prize. Just damaging the gateway in ISE would not be useful activity since its just one target. Sucks if your game crashed or disconnected, but worth the cost of reducing afkers. So instead of getting 60+ Omega Marks, then they would get 5. I doubt many afkers would afk through 12 or more elite STFs to get the same amount that they would get through one elite STF if they played normally.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If you see someone that is intentionally afk, then it is open season to have fun with them. Leave, have a cube follow you to the afker, wait 20 minutes, etc. As long as there are lazy people that want rewards, then there will be afkers.

Most effective method would be to have the game itself punish afkers. I played City of Heroes and their Incarnate Raids had a mechanism where if not enough useful activity is done (damaging npcs, healing allies), then they get the consolation prize. Just damaging the gateway in ISE would not be useful activity since its just one target. Sucks if your game crashed or disconnected, but worth the cost of reducing afkers. So instead of getting 60+ Omega Marks, then they would get 5. I doubt many afkers would afk through 12 or more elite STFs to get the same amount that they would get through one elite STF if they played normally.
then what about the players who take the role to defend Kang or the vortex? what would happen to them. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 8
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
That would be part of the useful activity. Kang probably has more useful activity since there is healing Kang and damaging npcs involved. Although, there might be some teams where the Kang and the Vortex are not a concern. Probably have a if the Kang and Vortex aren't affected by npcs, then players guarding them are awarded as regular players. If they are affected by npcs and no activity is done by the guards, then consolation prize. Have to punish guards for dereliction of duty. Besides, those two STFs have a fail condition so afkers probably go after ISE and other events where you can't fail it.
Career Officer
# 9
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post

Pretty much this.

Most of the AFK issue would solve itself if the scoring system was changed to require participation of some sort.
Captain
# 10
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Agreed. These leechers need to be stopped.

At least respond to the gm reports I write about them.