Captain
# 1 Spatial Distortions
02-11-2013, 02:19 AM
OK, So one thing I always wondered since I started playing this game a year or so ago. What are the spatial distortions that linger near Qo'nos and ESD. They don't seem to do anything and I why they are there.

Anyone know or are they just there to look pretty?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 2
02-11-2013, 02:21 AM
They take lifetime subscribers and 400-day veterans (who have had paid subscriptions for at least 400 days) to "The Captain's Table", a special social zone in the form of a unique starbase. Nobody goes there because there's nothing to do there.
Captain
# 3
02-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Ah, I see. I did wonder.

So basically they are there to look pretty since no one uses them.

Thanks for the quick reply! :-)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 4
02-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
They take lifetime subscribers and 400-day veterans (who have had paid subscriptions for at least 400 days) to "The Captain's Table", a special social zone in the form of a unique starbase. Nobody goes there because there's nothing to do there.
In a shorter term : It's like a mini version STO.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-11-2013, 02:31 AM
They are for the Captain's Table for 400 day+ vets (i think its 400 day) and Lifetime subscribers....but from what i've heard no one is ever there....its a social zone that has npcs from other areas of the game..not really sure to what extent it goes though for stuff that is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
In a shorter term : It's like a mini version STO.
Not exactly. For instance, there's no discussion forum in the Captain's Table zone where people can whine that there's nothing to do.
Career Officer
# 7
02-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
They are for the Captain's Table for 400 day+ vets (i think its 400 day) and Lifetime subscribers....but from what i've heard no one is ever there....its a social zone that has npcs from other areas of the game..not really sure to what extent it goes though for stuff that is there.
Not much.

A bank, social area........couple more things...........been awhile since I've been there.

Alot just say get rid of it or turn it into something more useful. Should turn it into Q's private playground with mini games with decent rewards.

Then I'll return.
Career Officer
# 8
02-11-2013, 06:04 AM
its useful when esd is crowded, its almost always empty so theres no lag
-----------------------------------------------

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
Career Officer
# 9
02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exa12 View Post
its useful when esd is crowded, its almost always empty so theres no lag
Yes, it's very quiet, close to everything and no annoying sounds from consoles, PA-systems and stuff like that. The concierge is also known for saying too much about future content. Although she hasn't said too much lately...
Captain
# 10
02-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
For instance, there's no discussion forum in the Captain's Table zone where people can whine that there's nothing to do.
Maybe they can put in an NPC that sits there doing nothing but nodding it's head and going, "Yes. I agree. The costs for T5 are really high. I for one didn't expect you to know that going in. Who pays attention to that sort of thing? Yes. You're right. No refining caps, and 300 Dilithium per Zen is how it should be. Do you need a hug?"