Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO Freezing changing windows
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Since the last patch, STO is very prone to freezing when minimizing or Alt-Tabbing windows.

Not to mention Getting Video Error 15 Crash To Desktops since the patch in the last week in December.

Hope you can fix these issues.

And FYI: Drivers are updated and had to increase video memory because of these crashes (which never needed to prior to season 7).
Career Officer
# 2
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Assuming you are running windows vista, 7 or 8; have you right clicked on the shortcut for sto and under compatibility checked run as Admin?

Also how much vram do you have in your gpu, how much ram do you have installed and what value have you allocated when you edited the allocation size?.
Please let me know if that helps.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.

Last edited by th3xr34p3r; 02-12-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Since the last patch, STO is very prone to freezing when minimizing or Alt-Tabbing windows.
This has been the case for me ever since I started play STO, and I did bug report it too I think. I'd rather call it a crash than freeze in my case and it happens 2/10 Alt-Tabs ish (same results when using the Windows key to switch to other window besides the game client).

99% sure there is nothing wrong with the rest of my system.

Windows 7 64-bit
GeForce GTX 570