Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brougham21 View Post
What we need is More canon not just "Star Trek Onlines" Canon Example: More Planets, more Systems, more Places to visit, yada yada yada
Well actually, all the missions I have made "Warbird1988" are cannon correct and in following to the actually Star Trek Universe and not just the one that Cryptic has developed.
Commander
# 22
02-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Well actually, all the missions I have made "Warbird1988" are cannon correct and in following to the actually Star Trek Universe and not just the one that Cryptic has developed.
Okay my friend. I'm going to try them this afternoon when I actually have time to play them.

Looking forward to seeing what you've done. They better impress me - lol.

(But seriously - I'll try to give to some good feedback on them - for good or bad. I hope I can seriously come back here and say, "Hey Brandon - -spotlight these!" )
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayerguy7 View Post
Okay my friend. I'm going to try them this afternoon when I actually have time to play them.

Looking forward to seeing what you've done. They better impress me - lol.

(But seriously - I'll try to give to some good feedback on them - for good or bad. I hope I can seriously come back here and say, "Hey Brandon - -spotlight these!" )
Well thank you, I'm not saying mine are the best. This was not even supposed to be a discussion about my foundry missions. I simply want more authors who produce more controversial and ground-breaking work to be spotlighted because they deserve the recognition.
Commander
# 24
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Well thank you, I'm not saying mine are the best. This was not even supposed to be a discussion about my foundry missions. I simply want more authors who produce more controversial and ground-breaking work to be spotlighted because they deserve the recognition.
Well, can you give us a list of the missions you think more folks should look at? (even your own if you think they outdo the Spotlights)?

Quite frankly I think Brandon has been doing an excellent job picking out great missions. Your OP seemed to imply that all of them were "low quality". I'd like to try some of the ones that may be even better, but are hidden beneath the avalanche of 'grinders'.
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Would be nice for ppl like myself that are not really good in the story righting department to put in the highlights of the mission I would like to make and then some ability to hand it off at that point to people who are to say are *better at it*
Lieutenant
# 26
02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
For a long time, probably too long, the Foundry has been ignored by a majority of the playerbase, so it really only had a small cloister of devotees, until it recently became a viable part of the game. Selection was limited for a long time.

I'm sure as more authors dare to press the publish button and inflict upon themselves fabulous comments and comments on par with Youtube trolls, the selection will move on to other people and talents.

Last edited by izdubar2; 02-11-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Until the Foundry has proper, actual, "remember when this was new 20 years ago" dialogue trees that let you build missions to multiple outcomes so that literally 100% of the text isn't superfluous "if you really want to, just jam F and you'll still win the mission", who cares?

The actual combat portions of many of the Foundry missions are fine, but the way their system gimps writers from having anything to actually do is really annoying.
The foundry had such missions, at least 3 I know of. People thought they were not fun.
Rihannsu
# 28
02-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Pendra should know, he wrote one of them....

One issue is that it's confusing to play missions like that. The game doesn't display them quite right....

Also, you have to actually remember what the mission objectives are. In linear missions, you can simply look in the mission display thing, not here.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
FWhy in the world would they spotlight a mission that doesn't fit in with the STO Canon time line? The whole point of the foundry spotlight is to point out missions they think people should try out.

Naturally they're going to pick ones that fit in to their story line and style, and not highlight the what-if types of missions, because those are outside the STO Canon.
As Branflakes explains, you are completely wrong:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post7997091
Career Officer
# 30
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I quite enjoy the missions that Brandon has selected...and I think he is doing a great job of showcasing them for us.

My only problem is.....trying to hold his chia pet hostage in order to force him to play my three-hour long mission.