Captain
They are already not that cheap and in the last 2 weeks I had to get 2 slots for Ambasador and JHEC and now I have to get another 2 for Jem hadar Dreadnought.Those ships already cost more than a fortune so a free slot for them when you unbox them would be nice.Its stupid to win something and not being able to use without paying 500zen.

cheers

Last edited by adrianm63; 02-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
02-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I agree with Ship limit (30 i think even with all ship slots purchased) and more lockboxes each 3 months they should get personal " Unique ship slot "
2010 is my join date.
Career Officer
# 3
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Could it be that's the idea behind the ships is to encourage you to buy more products i.e. ship slots, extra inventory slots for all the new commodities and tribbles, extra bank slots to keep different specialty gear sets you can't buy on the exchange. Gold and LTS subs get extra slots as well across the board, again an incentive/reward for spending money on the game.
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Could it be that's the idea behind the ships is to encourage you to buy more products i.e. ship slots, extra inventory slots for all the new commodities and tribbles, extra bank slots to keep different specialty gear sets you can't buy on the exchange. Gold and LTS subs get extra slots as well across the board, again an incentive/reward for spending money on the game.
so how the hell you win something if you cant use it?
Career Officer
# 5
02-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
so how the hell you win something if you cant use it?
Well, for one thing, people sell those ships quite often when they win them.
Career Officer
# 6
02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Well, for one thing, people sell those ships quite often when they win them.
Absolutely. I'm sitting on a few hundred lockboxes, and am opening them slowly but surely. I keep the Lobi and generally sell the stuff inside. I'm really looking forward to getting a ship, because that'll be a tremendous windfall if I decide to sell it!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 7
02-11-2013, 03:24 PM
yeah, i mean what happens when down the road you reach your ship cap and they keep releasing new ships?

they need to introduce a way to "reclaim" the ship you win for the char its on, like with the cardassian galor class's weapons.

im surprised this hasnt been an issue yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Rihannsu
# 8
02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
If at any point there is a problem with a ship slot cap, then the cap must be raised, not circumvented with some over-complicated new mechanism.