Survivor of Romulus
# 11
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I figured I would share an imagining if you will, of the Future STO Galaxy Map years from now.
I compared many available maps already created of the Trek-Verse and put into account the STO year being 2409, so there will be some expansions and such.

Please bare in mind it is very rough and I was limited by paint; Galaxy Map.
Here is the Original Map; Original Galaxy Map.

If you look closely I added a few ideas or snippets for future stories.
()Enterprise - J Wreckage
()Son'a-Breen Buffer (War Perhaps)
()Hirogen Colony and satelites
()A new Species to pit against just the Klingon and TBA Romulan Factions.
()Fek'lhr territory for just the Klingon Faction.
()Second Dyson Sphere
()Multiple Races/powers to explore as well as the Expanse

What do you think?
Make it so.
Career Officer
# 12
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Not sure why Cryptic calls the Sector Map the "Galaxy Map" when the STO Galaxy Map is more canonically like THIS.

Sorry for the bad quality, now that I got photoshop back I can go back and finish it properly. But this is map is a mesh of the offical Galaxy Map made by NASA (widely available on the Internet) and the maps from Star Trek itself. The Blue Area is what was seen in TNG as the explored areas.

And STO literally is that circle around the Sun, which is a 50 Light Year diameter.

The Green Lines is (was) the Borg Transwarp Network that was seen in Voyager: Endgame. (The Dark Green was a secondary Borg Hub Proposal that has it near the Galactic Core, but the locations didn't fit compared to the real map).

The Cyan line is the path Voyager took (and the path it would've taken). (The Thick Yellow Line was the "official" path of Voyager in Endgame).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I figured I would share an imagining if you will, of the Future STO Galaxy Map years from now.
I compared many available maps already created of the Trek-Verse and put into account the STO year being 2409, so there will be some expansions and such.

Please bare in mind it is very rough and I was limited by paint; Galaxy Map.
Here is the Original Map; Original Galaxy Map.
What do you think?
No offense, but that looks clustered.

First off, moving Iconia and Romulus to those locations is absured, Iconia needs to be in the Neutral Zone and Romulus is canonically in Z-9.

The Galactic Barriers IS FAR from Federation Space.

Tholian Space is shown canonically "south" of Cardassian space.

Son'a Territory is canonically in the Brair Patch.

The Sheliak is canoncially near Deneb, which is nothing close to Federation space.

And you mispelled Ferasan

Last edited by azurianstar; 02-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
02-12-2013, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I would say that the Breen and the Gorn are in wrong places.the gorn are closer to the Romulan space as they natuaral enemies.
Only in Star Fleet Battles, which uses a totally different map AND history.
Career Officer
# 14
02-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I'm going to Ditto the complaints about the Son'a. Besides, shouldn't they all be dead by now? They were dying in Insurrection and those who didn't return to the planet are dead to me anyway.

Otherwise, I agree that the game has plenty of potential to grow beyond its current size. I could even argue that an entire Dominion Faction would work great.
Well, we never found out what happened to them but we know they were still allied with the Dominion after the events of "Insurrection".
My own personal theory is they allied themselves with the Dominion to cheat death via cloning, which the Vorta a VERY good at.
So they could still be around.
Career Officer
# 15
02-12-2013, 07:00 AM
One thing to consider when trying to figure out what borders what: Unlike a planetary map, the galaxy map is actually three-dimensional. The territory of these galactic powers is less 2D shape and more 3D blob. They will overlap each other above and below relative to the galactic plane. Translating that into a 2D game map may require some liberties with the source material.
Commander
# 16
02-12-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna try my best not to argue with anyone, as the more passionate of us will make good points, bad points and alot of debatable points from each others perspectives.

This map I made isn't perfect, but it is a balance between all the various maps already created, combined with abit of imagination on what direction I think the STO timeline will go with.

I never claimed it to be perfect, epecailly when there are soo many contridictions in the show and movies... but use a bit of imagination and dont take every single line in Star Trek literally!... just because Gul Dukat stated that the Diplomatic compound on the Breen homeworld was cold, dont make it soo, it was just a threat if memory serves!
So the Romulan-Cardassian Border... perhaps thats Romulan conquered territory during the war until the peace treaty was made!?

And I know my spelling is bad... I was always good in mathematics and science at school, not English
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Commander
# 17 Revision
02-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I spent all night comparing maps and applying suggestions... so finally here it is.
My next version of the potentail future of the STO Galaxy.
I left out the Delta Quadrant since it's soo vast with the Borg Territory.

Galaxy Map 2.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES