Career Officer
I've been looking at this area for some time now:

Reman Area on New Romulus

And I've been wondering, why is it fully rendered if we don't go down there?
To me, it looks like you could actually walk along those paths.

It would be a waste of effort building that area if all we do is look at it from a distance!
Rihannsu
# 2
02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
yes it is really there and the devs have shown in the past the area is walkable but only by dev magic. I dont believe there is any intention to let people go down there and the detail is very basic from what i have seen and heard.

I guess depending on how they built it, perhaps they can add a transporter pad and improve the area later on.

at least at the moment its simply there to 'look pretty' and to complete the look of new romulus. they cant just paint it in so to speak so they have to physically build it. its like the city walls. you cant technically enter the city but you still need to have some visuals there.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 3
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
If "Season 8" really is going to be the release of a Romulan faction, I wouldn't be surprised if New Romulus is the starting point and Romulan faction players would be the only ones to access the Reman Quarter.
Captain
# 4
02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't think so. If they were going to make a Romulan Faction the base of Operations shouldn't be New Romulus.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm sure they have some plans to expand this planet at some point, but it would probably require a whole new map accessible via transporter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I've been looking at this area for some time now:

Reman Area on New Romulus

And I've been wondering, why is it fully rendered if we don't go down there?
To me, it looks like you could actually walk along those paths.

It would be a waste of effort building that area if all we do is look at it from a distance!
Nice screenshot of the New Romulus Sewer Plant.

I'm curious too.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
I realy hope that the construction of the city walls are completed and we can enter it. I recall a dev saying we will see the building of the city as the story progresses. It make perfect sense to then launch a Romulan faction from this new site ... eventually.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 8
02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I don't think so. If they were going to make a Romulan Faction the base of Operations shouldn't be New Romulus.
Why? New Romulus is the new capital of the Empire, only makes sense. Only other viable options I could think of is Rator, the Vault, or maybe bring back Romii and make Iota Pavonis viable.
Captain
# 9
02-10-2013, 04:52 PM
New Romulus is not the new capital of the Empire. It is a bunch of Romulans and Remans that decided to leave Romulan space so they they don't have to worry about the current chaotic state of the Romulan Empire.
Captain
# 10
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Why? New Romulus is the new capital of the Empire, only makes sense. Only other viable options I could think of is Rator, the Vault, or maybe bring back Romii and make Iota Pavonis viable.
Nooo... New Romulus is the capital of T'Dans group. The mission "Cutting the Cord" hinted that the Brea System had become the new headquarters of the Romulan Star Empire. Sela and Hakeev were there after all.

A Vault adventure zone though... now THATS an idea!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.