Empire Veteran
# 11
02-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
F2P as an acronym needs to be properly represented better, perhaps? Sets up some people for failure, it seems.

"But it's free... to play?"

"Only up to a point."

"But it says free to play and it's f2p!"

"F2P is just to get you to come into the game and see if you like it enough to spend money on it."

"But it's free... to play."

*head has now exploded from considering the endless discussion being generated from such thinking in the first place, and a lifeless corpse slowly slides past the keyboard to the awaiting floor below.*
I have never paid a single cent to play this game. I only pay when I want the extras.

Some of you should really stop bashing PWE, if not because of them, STO and Cryptic would have sank with Atari.

Also, stop asking for free stuff.. only beggars do that.
Republic Veteran
# 12
02-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Yes as I found out with storage slots, it is actually extended-trial not free-to-play
What are 2 years old? Nothing's free in this world.
Captain
# 13
02-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Well, I personally don't mind doing the grind to get the zen for a respec. However, I do wish Cryptic had made it a little clearer from the start that we couldn't go ahead and fill up skilltrees, and that any change would require a zen token.
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!
Captain
# 14
02-11-2013, 09:21 PM
The first fact is that skill lock is arbitrary. We know this because they have tokens that let you change it without any trouble. Second fact is they dont care if you change skills often--gold members get respec tokens every 10 levels, and they sell more tokens online, please change the skills often so you buy the tokens often. Okay? It is easy to change and they dont care about the change.

The lock only exists as a gating mechanism, a funnel.

And I dont even care about that. I would just like to have a chance to review the skills before it is locked. One respec at lvl 50 seems reasonable. If I want to tweak every week, I'll buy more. I dont like finding out my skills are locked in a weird pattern, and nothing I can do except pay blackmail.
Captain
# 15
02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
What are 2 years old? Nothing's free in this world.
I have already given them more money than I pay for most 2-year-old games

stop making assumptions about everybody else's motives
Commander
# 16
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
I have never paid a single cent to play this game. I only pay when I want the extras.
Says the LifeTimeSubsciber.

Paid my dues here, too. Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and subscribed for a while, for the record.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Survivor of Remus
# 17
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
It's only $5. That's not very much money. You can't expect every possible thing you could ever want to do to be free.
It's not the money....it's that what you get for the $5 isn't worth $5....
Republic Veteran
# 18
02-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
It's not the money....it's that what you get for the $5 isn't worth $5....
then don't spend the 5 bucks, it's so easy to get 500 Zen from dilithium.
Survivor of Remus
# 19
02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
then don't spend the 5 bucks, it's so easy to get 500 Zen from dilithium.
You missed the point here...why does a respec token have to cost $5? Why not $3?
Commander
# 20
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
You missed the point here...why does a respec token have to cost $5? Why not $3?
Why does Subway have a 5$ foot-long?

Oh, wait... it's now 6$!

Guess they just want to get paid.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8