Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 41
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
No, it is not.
Quote:
Main Entry: arbitrary  [ahr-bi-trer-ee]

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: whimsical, chance

Synonyms: approximate, capricious, discretionary, erratic, fanciful, frivolous, inconsistent, injudicious, irrational, irresponsible, offhand, optional, random, subjective, supercilious, superficial, unaccountable, unreasonable, unscientific, wayward, willful

Antonyms: circumspect, rational, reasonable, reasoned, supported
http://thesaurus.com/browse/arbitrar...__utmk=9671861
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 42
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Being able to argue your point, as I did, is of higher quality than linking to a site which makes NO arguments for its choices.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 43
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
No, rationally(which is an antonym of arbitrary).
The cost they charge for things like services aren't based on how much it costs them to run that service. The cost is based on what they think people will pay for that service.

$1 based on your post above is not especially rational, it's just justification for your opinion. A small % is in itself an arbitrary thing, and the % you come up with also arbitrary. Besides you don't even list the %, just the final value. Using the cost of a ship, is also arbitrary. Especially considering the fairly variable cost of ships. Some are $20 and fleet credits, some are $25, some are $10, some are $15.

$5 is likely based on the amount of respec tokens they sell currently, based on how often/easy they want respects to be, and finally it's also based on how likely someone someone will upgrade to gold for the sake of those free respecs you get leveling up.

Last edited by cptvanor; 02-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 44
02-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
The cost they charge for things like services aren't based on how much it costs them to run that service. The cost is based on what they think people will pay for that service.
I agree that is true. However the question I was asked was how I arrived at the $1 figure(which is what I think the price should be), hence my explanation. You do not have to agree with my personal opinion, it is simply my answer to the question I was asked.

Last edited by betawatcher; 02-12-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 331
# 45
02-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
want free ones then sub for a month, you get at least 5 respec as you level up, plus you get access to more bank slots, and an account bank that all together costs more than 15 bucks if you buy them separate, plus you get 500 zen for the month, and you can use that to get another rescpc token....but if you want to play for free, then you play for free anything extra well that cost money.
You assume I have a F2P account......you assumed wrong. I've been a monthly subscriber since day 1.

This is the problem in general,people think they know everything and assume the person on the other end is a freeloading idiot.

Let me put t this way.....do you feel you are getting your money's worth buying a respec token from the C-store for $5 (a.k.a 500 Zen)? And do you feel it's fair not to get a free respec token when Cryptic makes changes to how skills work in such a way that a respec is needed?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 98
# 46
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I've hit the same problem, really had no idea how skills and leveling worked and you level so fast I was/am still a newb even though I've hit 50 and I know my skills are screwed and I guess I will have to fork out to respec them.

500 isn't too bad though, some other prices are a rip off. Like appearance, I've hit random a few times at the Taylor guy and though oh that outfit looks ok... then I look down and see it will cost me ~3000 zen. lol what???

I also think 1000 is over the top for 10 shared account bank slots. if it was 200 I'd buy it but at 1k I think I will just use the mail system to transfer stuff to alts for free...

I'm resigned to the fact I will have to fork out for the respec though, I guess just happy it's not 1000 zen or more.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 47
02-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzanathos View Post
I've hit the same problem, really had no idea how skills and leveling worked and you level so fast I was/am still a newb even though I've hit 50 and I know my skills are screwed and I guess I will have to fork out to respec them.

500 isn't too bad though, some other prices are a rip off. Like appearance, I've hit random a few times at the Taylor guy and though oh that outfit looks ok... then I look down and see it will cost me ~3000 zen. lol what???

I also think 1000 is over the top for 10 shared account bank slots. if it was 200 I'd buy it but at 1k I think I will just use the mail system to transfer stuff to alts for free...

I'm resigned to the fact I will have to fork out for the respec though, I guess just happy it's not 1000 zen or more.
Account bank slots are the only way to transfer account bound items between characters. Those items are mostly newer green/blue/purple random loot drops.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 48
02-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzanathos View Post
I also think 1000 is over the top for 10 shared account bank slots.
That's another one of those items that in part cost that much to encourage people to subscribe for a month or more.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.