Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,067
# 41
03-06-2013, 02:03 PM
It is ironic that the ship or bathtub has the best looking bridge is the most unused KDF ship just because KDF is mostly cannon based but turns too slow to be able to use them effectively. If they aren't willing to make them turn easier to give them some kind of option for cannon usage. Single cannons can be used but it looks like you are firing turrets LOL.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,110
# 42
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
It is ironic that the ship or bathtub has the best looking bridge is the most unused KDF ship just because KDF is mostly cannon based but turns too slow to be able to use them effectively. If they aren't willing to make them turn easier to give them some kind of option for cannon usage. Single cannons can be used but it looks like you are firing turrets LOL.
and because single cannons need a reworking, it's probably more efficient to use 8 turrets instead of 4 turrets and 4 single cannons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,170
# 43
03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
It is ironic that the ship or bathtub has the best looking bridge is the most unused KDF ship just because KDF is mostly cannon based but turns too slow to be able to use them effectively. If they aren't willing to make them turn easier to give them some kind of option for cannon usage. Single cannons can be used but it looks like you are firing turrets LOL.
yea, now imaging your vorcha sharing turnrates with intrepids they have similar mass characteristics to. rather than being gibbed from the start, 'just because'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 44
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim625 View Post
hi I'm really struggling to get a better turn rate for my oddy ship I have the adapted maco space set equipped and two engineering consoles that helps increase the turn rate but its still a bit slow
I'm sorry, but why do so many people jump into cruisers and whine about turn rate? You had to know what you were getting into. Yes, I fly an Ody tac when I get the urge, and I'm satisfied with the fact that it doesn't turn like and escort, it turns like a cruiser. When I want to turn on a dime I load up a escort. It really is that simple.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,110
# 45
03-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
I'm sorry, but why do so many people jump into cruisers and whine about turn rate? You had to know what you were getting into. Yes, I fly an Ody tac when I get the urge, and I'm satisfied with the fact that it doesn't turn like and escort, it turns like a cruiser. When I want to turn on a dime I load up a escort. It really is that simple.
maybe because people don't want to spend 5 minutes doing a 180 in a cruiser? i'm not expecting them to turn like escorts, but they still need some kind of boost
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,170
# 46
03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
I'm sorry, but why do so many people jump into cruisers and whine about turn rate? You had to know what you were getting into. Yes, I fly an Ody tac when I get the urge, and I'm satisfied with the fact that it doesn't turn like and escort, it turns like a cruiser. When I want to turn on a dime I load up a escort. It really is that simple.
because i dont see how, or why a ship thats the same size or bigger than the one im using, should have 5 to 10 times the turn-rate just because magic fairy boots of +5 agility.

or less facetiously, because a dev deliberately threw balance out the window, negating a characteristic involved in balancing a weapon, resulting in something being broken by design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 47
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
maybe because people don't want to spend 5 minutes doing a 180 in a cruiser? i'm not expecting them to turn like escorts, but they still need some kind of boost
Same answer applies, fly something else. It's been 3-years and you guys still haven't accepted reality.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,170
# 48
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Same answer applies, fly something else. It's been 3-years and you guys still haven't accepted reality.
that the current state of affairs is a game breaking one because it eliminates the limited firing arc as a weapon balancing factor?
no, i imagine not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 49
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
because i dont see how, or why a ship thats the same size or bigger than the one im using, should have 5 to 10 times the turn-rate just because magic fairy boots of +5 agility.

or less facetiously, because a dev deliberately threw balance out the window, negating a characteristic involved in balancing a weapon, resulting in something being broken by design.
Claim ignorance all you want. You know exactly why cruisers turn slowly by comparison. Next this thread will lead to the inevitable "cruisers need more powerful weapons" riff. Admit it to yourself if not to me, ultimately you want all the benefits of a cruiser with NONE of its downsides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 50
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
that the current state of affairs is a game breaking one because it eliminates the limited firing arc as a weapon balancing factor?
no, i imagine not.
Please, tell me that you understand the principle behind differing opinions. Again, if a glacial turnrate is SO crippling, why are cruisers everywhere in the game? That implies that those who can do, leaving some people praying to the Cryptic tooth fairies for a personal cheat.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 PM.