Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Ensign
# 11
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM
For Feds there's also a security officer in the middle of ESD
Ensign
Hey Dev's,

I'm wondering if you changed the % chance to pick up on the slavers in the last 8 mo.s or so. I bought the Advanced Orion Slavers the day you added them and still use the 'blue' slavers, but I've noticed a HUGE decrease in the amount of stuff they are picking up.

I used to have to keep my inventory window open during an stf just to discard the garbage that they picked up and averaged around 20 to 30 contraband an stf just about 4 months back maybe 6.

I looked through the release notes and don't see anything about the slavers since last August. Possible that the one's I have (altho the exact same as the newer ones labeled as very rare) are bugged?

I'm guessing they were picking up much more than intended before and got tweaked.

Thanks,
Xiltyn

** EDIT ** ~ Nevermind just found out about the change to slaver contraband pick up with the change in contraband doff assignment. Thanks anyways

Last edited by xiltyn; 02-25-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Commander
# 13
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
What change occurred to the slavers contraband collection because of doff contraband assignments, I haven't heard?
Captain
# 14
02-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to note that I'm pretty sure Slavers don't get any loot in STF's .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Career Officer
# 15
02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiltyn View Post

** EDIT ** ~ Nevermind just found out about the change to slaver contraband pick up with the change in contraband doff assignment. Thanks anyways

Come again?!?!?!
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Just wanted to note that I'm pretty sure Slavers don't get any loot in STF's .

STF is what I do most and yes I get plenty of contraband as well as many other things
Commander
# 17
02-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes, Orion Slavers DO work in STFs.

I just started playing a carrier for the first time (Mirror Vo'Quv) and I'm not sure why I havent played one ages ago as its now my fave ship in the game (more then my oddy pack)! The Mirror Vo'Quv is cheap (usually 350K on the exchange), HUGE hull (42K), HUGE shields (10K per side with Kling honor guard shields). Load'em up with shield-ripping tetryons and let your pets do the 'talking' lol.

I got 2 purple BoPreys and 2 Purple Orion Slavers - depends if I want dmg or goodies. I LOVE that the ship changes the name of my BoP pets to "Mirror" B'rels. Peeps freak out and keep asking me where to buy mirror pets. Seems to be random voodoo and wizardry on whether I get contraband with my Slavers, but one time I did 3 STFs and got 20 of them! Its kind of pathetic on the amount of EC and commodities tho - DEVs - u TOTALLY need to add a couple of zeros to the yeild. I fight a fleet of ships with slaver pets single handed for what . . . 300EC? Really? Considering all of the vocal KDF'ers that want more love to the faction, this seems like a small and easy thing to do.

I havent looked into it yet, but are there fleet Slaver pets to buy? If so, I wonder how they would be better?
Career Officer
# 18
02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidshatner View Post

I got 2 purple BoPreys and 2 Purple Orion Slavers
Purple? The exist? What's the diff between them and the advanced slavers?
Commander
# 19
03-01-2013, 11:54 AM
You need to be in a fleet with a tier 5 science to buy them.
Commander
# 20
03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
The purple ones can get you contraband, blue ones . . . no such luck.