Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
The 3rd Anniversary Infographic states "Over 10 Billion Light Years Traveled".
Is the Light Years traveled by each ship stored internally, or is this a totally made up value?
If it is stored, it would be nice if it could be shown on the ship status page,
individually for each ship.
Career Officer
# 2
02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
They evidently have metrics on all sorts of craziness. Just look at the recent interview with Gecko where he talks about them looking at exactly where people give up and bail on the tutorial. Not sure if this stuff is stored individually, or just as a bunch of aggregate stats though. That database would be monstrous otherwise.
Career Officer
# 3
02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
They evidently have metrics on all sorts of craziness. Just look at the recent interview with Gecko where he talks about them looking at exactly where people give up and bail on the tutorial. Not sure if this stuff is stored individually, or just as a bunch of aggregate stats though. That database would be monstrous otherwise.
The exact location of your character is a known variable, as well as current mission progress. From those 2 stats, they can easily determine what part you got stuck on.
Career Officer
# 4
02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
That might work in that case, but we also know for example that they know exactly how many tribbles have dropped. I doubt they have an individual count for every character, but a running system-wide total as a metric I can see. I'm just saying, who knows what kind of minute things they keep track of, I just don't think most of it would be stored per character or per account.
Career Officer
# 5
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
That might work in that case, but we also know for example that they know exactly how many tribbles have dropped. I doubt they have an individual count for every character, but a running system-wide total as a metric I can see. I'm just saying, who knows what kind of minute things they keep track of, I just don't think most of it would be stored per character or per account.
They do have a count for every character; Every item takes up data space.
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Keeping track of LYs flown wouldn't be that hard. I wouldn't be very surprised if they eventually release an accolade related to it.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 7
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Don't forget to have your Warp cores checked every 100,000,000 Light year.

Career Officer
# 8
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
And be sure your version of Ten Forward has enough of a forward arch to it that you can crawl into said arch seconds before the cleansing beam arrives.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Do you think Voyager did the check while in the Delta Quadrant ?
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Do you think Voyager did the check while in the Delta Quadrant ?
lol Most likely since Voyager had supplies of a star base since the ship always was in pristine condition, and never had a scratch on her even though every week she was in battle.

By the end of Voyager, the ship should have looked like Galactica falling apart.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 02-13-2013 at 01:51 AM.