Ensign
# 1 best lock box
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
i was wondering what lock box had the best lobi crystal output and also what ones had the highest chance of getting the best items.
Community Moderator
# 2
02-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11111111111 View Post
i was wondering what lock box had the best lobi crystal output and also what ones had the highest chance of getting the best items.
I could be wrong, since they don't publish the tables, but I believe they've all been normalized to give the same Lobi chances now.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
I know the amount is random but i was under the impression that the ferengi lockbox had more
Career Officer
# 4
02-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I could be wrong, since they don't publish the tables, but I believe they've all been normalized to give the same Lobi chances now.
^^ What he said

They had to add Lobi into the cardassian boxes so they evened them all out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
They should all give between 4 and 50 lobi crystals, although the higher amounts are very rare.
Captain
# 6
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
After ~1.200 lockboxes I'm between 4.8 and 5.1 Lobi/Box. Peaks were 1x50, 1x25 and 6x15.

As far as items go, the current lockbox is the best so far in my opinion. It's gotten rid of the +CXP etc.. boosts which were a pain to sell on the exchange and not useful to everybody or the dreaded Shield/Armour packs, while including good Dominion Doffs, a useful weapon combo and the reinforcement doff pack which is slightly better (meaning the doffs are more sought after) than the standard mini-pack.

On the other hand, it's the weakest Lobi-store cycle so far. No unique space set, no ground weapons and no costumes, just upgrades to existing ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
As someone whose opened 50+ boxes, no ships just relatively common stuff, the Rich Claim tickets make the Dominion boxes best for me. Even on the busiest days I can spare five minutes to get 2/3 of my total Dil cap thanks to them.
Captain
# 8
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyckath View Post
As someone whose opened 50+ boxes, no ships just relatively common stuff, the Rich Claim tickets make the Dominion boxes best for me. Even on the busiest days I can spare five minutes to get 2/3 of my total Dil cap thanks to them.
Never opened boxes till the dominion ones, and only for the claim tickets. Out of 6 boxes got 3 polaron boxes, 2 vip claims and 29 lobis. Not major prizes but not all that disappointing.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Rihannsu
# 9
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
The Dominion box would be the unconditionally best box there ever was, if the dilithium mining claims were not bound to character. The toon I use to open boxes rarely needs to grind dilithium ore and I can't say I'm enthusiastic about items that only become useful if I play the game less.

If I could pass them to my alt that actually needs help grinding, they would be awesome.
Captain
# 10
02-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11111111111 View Post
I've opened a lot of boxes thanks to the agreeable dilithium exchange rates. So let me share my anecdotal evidence with you;

As mentioned above, they're all the same in regards to Lobi. You typically get the bare minimum. I did get eight once. But 95% of the time it's four.

Ferengi, Cardassian, and Dominion boxes are great sources of duty officer packs. For the most part they're not worth selling, but the purple doff pack in the Dominion box gets you big cash if you sell it.

Ferengi and Cardassian boxes also give out a lot of XP boosts of various types. Can be useful at low levels but useless once you hit VA.

Tholian and Temporal boxes gave me a lot of Fleet mark/ credit boosts. Useless to me since I'm not in a fleet but i can see it being good for others. I did get some stuff for temporal doff missions but in the end they didn't get me much.

The Dominion box has given me heaps of rich dilithium claims. This should be your main reason to open them since you have a snowballs chance in hell of getting a ship.

Remember to make a single character your box opener since Lobi is character bound.

Last edited by twg042370; 02-12-2013 at 03:33 PM.