Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
If I could have saved COH by shoving this game into a warp core breach, that would be a done deed and I'd never lose a minute's sleep.

The lengths Jack seems to occasionally go to so that he can dump on his own previous work really perplex me sometimes.
Captain
# 12
02-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering they're apparently selling LTS'es for Neverwinter without giving them any sort of currency consideration...
I am not sure I know what that means... Elaborate please?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 13
02-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I am not sure I know what that means... Elaborate please?
No stipend. Pony up your hundreds of bucks and get just as screwed by the equivalent of their dilith market as everyone else.

Basically, a lifetime sub without the benefits of a sub (unless I'm grossly misreading things).
Captain
# 14
02-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
No stipend. Pony up your hundreds of bucks and get just as screwed by the equivalent of their dilith market as everyone else.

Basically, a lifetime sub without the benefits of a sub (unless I'm grossly misreading things).
Well i guess that confirms my theory that Subs are now unwanted by Cryptic.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 15
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Hell, I've known that for over a year now.

Also: That's great, Jack. For what it's worth, those of us who stuck with CoH until the end - and saw it become, IMO, a much better game after you moved on - don't miss you either.
Career Officer
# 16
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Considering they're apparently selling LTS'es for Neverwinter without giving them any sort of currency consideration...
That isn't happening. You cannot purchase a subscription, lifetime or otherwise, to Neverwinter. No such subscription exists, and as the linked article reiterates, none is expected to ever exist.

What you can purchase is a bundle of account unlocks for a discounted price. Discounted off of what they're expected to cost, or what equivalent items in the case of the exclusives, are expected to cost in the store after launch.
Career Officer
# 17
02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
I think you are forgetting the fact that COH was the first major superhero MMORPG. So regardless of the specific IP it was based on, it attracted all types superhero fans(DC, Marvel, etc). While the Trek IP has a large fanbase, I wouldnt say its larger than all the fanbases attracted by the first superhero MMO.
So? I would bet Trek has a larger fanbase internationally than US comic superheros do. CoH wasn't based on anything from Marvel or DC, so you didn't see any of the signature characters like Batman and Superman in it. Were that true, CoH would've had subs counted in the millions. It didn't have anything even close to that number.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 18
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Direct link without the self-promoting blogspam:
ROTFL !!!
/10char
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 19
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
So? I would bet Trek has a larger fanbase internationally than US comic superheros do. CoH wasn't based on anything from Marvel or DC, so you didn't see any of the signature characters like Batman and Superman in it. Were that true, CoH would've had subs counted in the millions. It didn't have anything even close to that number.
The Avengers alone has very nearly taken in as much money, adjusted for inflation, as all the Star Trek movies combined, including 2009.

If you don't adjust for inflation, it's blown them out of the water.
Career Officer
# 20
02-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The Avengers alone has very nearly taken in as much money, adjusted for inflation, as all the Star Trek movies combined, including 2009.

If you don't adjust for inflation, it's blown them out of the water.
So? What were the sub numbers for CoH compared to STO? What about CO, CoH and DCUO combined compared to STO? That's what counts.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.