Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 21
02-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Were that true, CoH would've had subs counted in the millions.
No it wouldn't, DCU is plenty of proof of that. Not to mention that Marvel has scrapped 2 different concepts for MMO's.

Last edited by cptvanor; 02-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
No it wouldn't, DCU is plenty of proof of that. Not to mention that Marvel has scrapped 2 different concepts for MMO's.
That's essentially what I was getting at if you re-read what I posted.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 23
02-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
That isn't happening. You cannot purchase a subscription, lifetime or otherwise, to Neverwinter. No such subscription exists, and as the linked article reiterates, none is expected to ever exist.

What you can purchase is a bundle of account unlocks for a discounted price. Discounted off of what they're expected to cost, or what equivalent items in the case of the exclusives, are expected to cost in the store after launch.
It's a sub by another name, except this time they don't have to actually give the buyer anything after the initial purchase. Everyone here knows Neverwinter is going to be nothing but a parade of cash-shop catastrophes, and Cryptic is positioning themselves in such a way so that they can suck money from everyone in equal measure, instead of paying lip service to the idea that subscribers (lifetime or otherwise) get something extra.

Last edited by stirling191; 02-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Captain
# 24
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Of course Star Trek Online is much bigger than City of Heroes. We have to travel thousands of light years to get anywhere. City of Heroes is pretty much confined to a couple of Cities, a bunch of islands, and a few cities in other realities where we only have access to a few blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if all of City of Heroes was confined to the size of a State. In fact Star Trek Online is even bigger than most MMOs. Eve might be bigger than Star Trek Online, but I don't play that game so I am not sure. The Old Republic is close to this game in terms of size, but its effective travel size is much smaller since everything is automated.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
IF anyone has any Questions on Jack, I have one thing to say

"Two full factions......"

I do believe, we're STILL, waiting on this.

Jack, is not a reliable source.
Commander
# 26
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
In fact Star Trek Online is even bigger than most MMOs.
Errrr... No?
Captain
# 27
02-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The Avengers alone has very nearly taken in as much money, adjusted for inflation, as all the Star Trek movies combined, including 2009.

If you don't adjust for inflation, it's blown them out of the water.
Is that some of that new maths?

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/...d=startrek.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/...d=avengers.htm
Rihannsu
# 28
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Heh, right. I doubt the fanbase of this game would fight as tooth and nail as the one from CoH did (and still is) if it died.
Captain
# 29
02-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Heh, right. I doubt the fanbase of this game would fight as tooth and nail as the one from CoH did (and still is) if it died.
They'd be stepping over each other's corpses to be the first one to say, "I told you so! This is what happens when you don't stick to Gene's vision. Narf!"
# 30
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Errrr... No?
Far as I can tell he's measuring the size of the game world in make-believe light years.

Which.

I don't know. I just don't know sometimes.