Career Officer
Really basic idea but howabout something essentially like an upscaled Excalibur/Exeter combo?

Excalibur-ish saucer and hull, Exeter-ish nacelles, neck, and struts. Built for the Ambassador frame.

That would allow a Connie-ish profile at T5 without an actual T5 Connie and would create a C-Store Ambassador, which I think a lot of people want before they buy a fleet version.
Republic Veteran
# 2
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh I can see the Rage now.....Cryptic releases a Fleet Ambassador, then 2 months later they release a C store Ambassador where you can get a discount on the fleet one that someone already paid for in some way two months earlier.

I think we need to accept that the Ambassador is not going into the C store, and is in the lines of the Nova Class and other T3 vessels, we get a t3 free one, then there is a fleet version and most likely The T5 Retrofit version will be put into the fleet store and cost 200k fleetmarks.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 02-12-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Captain
# 3
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Not to mention the Canon Nazis......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Dear John Van Citters. I have spent a ton of money on this game. All I want is a darn Constitution Refit to fly around at Vice Admiral that has Boff Abilities, Hull, Shields and Console Slots that are viable at endgame. If you get rid of that you are slashing such a hope in the franchise. make it 50 bucks and I will buy it instantly and I know a whole armada who will as well. sure you can add the other cryptic skins as well but this is something that I personally as a fan would do the franchise a great justice. holding this back is a sacrilege to the franchise you have a choking grip on. thank you very much. Love William Robert G the Third.
Career Officer
# 5
02-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Dear John Van Citters. I have spent a ton of money on this game. All I want is a darn Constitution Refit to fly around at Vice Admiral that has Boff Abilities, Hull, Shields and Console Slots that are viable at endgame. If you get rid of that you are slashing such a hope in the franchise. make it 50 bucks and I will buy it instantly and I know a whole armada who will as well. sure you can add the other cryptic skins as well but this is something that I personally as a fan would do the franchise a great justice. holding this back is a sacrilege to the franchise you have a choking grip on. thank you very much. Love William Robert G the Third.
FFS if it hasn't been said like 57536487658 times ! they cannot do it because cbs wont give them the green light
Career Officer
# 6
02-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Really basic idea but howabout something essentially like an upscaled Excalibur/Exeter combo?

Excalibur-ish saucer and hull, Exeter-ish nacelles, neck, and struts. Built for the Ambassador frame.

That would allow a Connie-ish profile at T5 without an actual T5 Connie and would create a C-Store Ambassador, which I think a lot of people want before they buy a fleet version.
Given we have hints by Stahl of possible crafting our own ships sometime in the future, I wouldn't rule out this possibility.

In fact, maybe this is how they introduce the Kitbashed ships, where we could have the option of selecting parts and make an already established kitbash like the Niagra (which is part Ambassador), or making "new" kitbashes like the "Apollo" (The Nebula-Ambassador), or with approved configurations using established layouts like the Miranda, Nebula, Standard (Enterprise), Kelvin, Scout, or maybe Dreadnaught. That way people who wanted the Federation-class or the fanmade Sovereign Dreadnaught, could have one.
Captain
# 7
02-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Not to mention the Canon Nazis......
Nazism is a specific political belief.

You're looking for Canon fascist.
Career Officer
# 8
02-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
FFS if it hasn't been said like 57536487658 times ! they cannot do it because cbs wont give them the green light
It's not the first time he's dumped the exact same post into a thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71#post8011771

The approach "do what I want or you're unjust and committing a sacrilege" is certainly very productive.

Last edited by misterde3; 02-13-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Dear John Van Citters.
Do you honestly think the CEO of CBS reads these forms?
Career Officer
# 10
02-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Nazism is a specific political belief.

You're looking for Canon fascist.
No, Canon Nazi is correct. That is the beauty of the English language; it is easy for words and phrases and acronyms to enter the vernacular and become accepted speach. In this case Nazi, or an overbearing, dictitorial or intolerant person. Like Health Nazi, or in this case, Canon Nazi.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

b.hyperbolically. A person who is perceived to be authoritarian, autocratic, or inflexible; one who seeks to impose his or her views upon others. Usu. derogatory.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-13-2013 at 09:43 AM.