Starfleet Veteran
# 1 The Zetarians
02-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I had this idea

The Zetarians and Iconians were fighting each other and then they destroyed each other. And because they both lived long ago, it does fit in with the Rules of Trek.

A Zetarian
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-13-2013, 08:30 AM
The Zetarians died out (in their corporeal forms at least) about 1000-1100 years ago from STO's events. The Iconians died out about 200,000 years ago.

Interestingly, few of the ancient species referenced overlap. The Tkon emerged after the creators of the Guardian of Forever vanished, and vanished shortly before Sargon's people arrived in the galaxy. They vanished several hundred thousand years before the Iconians appeared, the extinct creators of the Hirogen communication network some time after they vanished, and the Kalandrans within the last few thousand years, around the time things finally start overlapping.

There are three major exceptions: The Q, the Organians, and the Voth predated and survived all of them. The Organians are peaceful to the point of self destruction, wholesale destruction doesn't seem to be the Qs' style. The Voth are a possible candidate, but the Iconians were supposedly destroyed by races from the worlds they ruled, and the Voth left their world behind millions of years before any of the above races even existed.

Last edited by hevach; 02-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Captain
# 3
02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
That's an interesting idea.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q