Career Officer
Phaser Beams shooting from the Saucer backwards...

i love it!

and i hate the Oddysey shooting it's rear beams from the end TIPS of its Warp Nacelles.
That just looks wrong.

So thumbs up for that.

I just thought that needed pointing out.

But @ whoever thought that it would be a good idea to put the Ships turning point between it's Nacelles instead of the center of the Ship.... WHY?

...too much OCD.
Captain
# 2
02-13-2013, 08:05 AM
That's the only thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
and i hate the Oddysey shooting it's rear beams from the end TIPS of its Warp Nacelles.
That is quite ... odd ...
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol - Endless Excelsior - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Solaris build
Career Officer
# 3
02-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
That's the only thing?

That is quite ... odd ...
There are phaser strips on the back of the warp nacelles. This is similar to some of the Dominion War-era Galaxy-class vessels and the Galaxy-X.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
There are phaser strips on the back of the warp nacelles. This is similar to some of the Dominion War-era Galaxy-class vessels and the Galaxy-X.

It would be nice the Array strips would glow before they fired like on the show. I enjoyed watching that beam run down the strip and then launch out. It was like a laser rail gun.

My dog likes it, too. She loves to sit and watch flashing things on the television.
Career Officer
# 5
02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
It would be nice the Array strips would glow before they fired like on the show. I enjoyed watching that beam run down the strip and then launch out. It was like a laser rail gun.

My dog likes it, too. She loves to sit and watch flashing things on the television.
yes! that would be cool
Career Officer
# 6
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
The added animation time would decrease DPS, unless they also shortened the subsequent animation of the beam or increased the damage. Increasing the damage would greatly increase the effect of beam powers such as FAW.

So either we'd lose beam animation time, or there would be wide-reaching game effects.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The added animation time would decrease DPS, unless they also shortened the subsequent animation of the beam or increased the damage. Increasing the damage would greatly increase the effect of beam powers such as FAW.

So either we'd lose beam animation time, or there would be wide-reaching game effects.

The glow would lessen the amount of hit for FAW, which would counter the increased damage needed to match the current DPS settings.
Captain
# 8
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

That just looks wrong.
It would be nice if this could get fix and show it being fired from the primary hull (stardrive section)

There was never a Galaxy X as an actual ship it was all in dream that Picard has in all good things.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
It would be nice if this could get fix and show it being fired from the primary hull (stardrive section)

There was never a Galaxy X as an actual ship it was all in dream that Picard has in all good things.
It's not a bug it shots from the phaser strip on the nacel

And it was not a dream just another alternate timeline in the 25th century
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It's not a bug it shots from the phaser strip on the nacel

And it was not a dream just another alternate timeline in the 25th century
I know it not bug just move it so that it fires from the hull.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers