Captain
# 21
02-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
It's not that I don't love the Ambassador class, hell its now my engineer's ship of choice. Still I am very dissappointed that PWE/Cryptic wagged the Enterprise-C under our noses with an awesome turn rate and fire power.

I set forth much effort and resources to build the Ambassador similar in Consoles, Equiment etc, minus the Rechargable Batteries like the Enterprise-C, and not only do I not get a similar turn rate and speed I hear the ship had been nerfed on it's turn rate, or the intial stat's posted where a typo.

I am also hearing rumor's on chat of a Fleet and or Cstore version of the Ambassador next patch, mind you I still think that BS, but I want to confirm that with everyone else here.

On the same note, I wouldn't mind buying a Cstore or Fleet version of the Ambassador Class if the turn rate on the ship was raised, if not I am sticking to the free version (most likely).
nerfed no

fleet version yes

c-store no

the only typo was how much modules the ambassador was going to cost in the fleet store they originally had 5 when it's 4
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
02-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
We shouldn't shut those people up by giving them what they want, 'cause they're wrong; the problem isn't that cruisers don't do enough damage to draw aggro, it's that damage is the only reliable way to draw aggro.

Cruisers need better threat control. Not a little better; a LOT better. They need a "stance" that adds AoE taunt to all their attacks; or even better, have power directed to shields increase that. Then there'd be a reason to turn up attack power for soloing, and max out shield power for grouping. You could do your job as a tank then.

And then make rewards take into account damage absorbed in proportion with damage delivered, so DPS doesn't automatically take the pot.

Yes, give Cruisers an innate Draw Aggro like how Science Ships have an innate Target Subsystem. Perhaps as a FaW that does less damage than the BOff version but has a much greater Aggro Effect. Maybe one that causes the ships hit by the FaW to target the Cruiser for a short time.
Career Officer
# 23
02-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
I am also hearing rumor's on chat of a Fleet and or Cstore version of the Ambassador next patch, mind you I still think that BS, but I want to confirm that with everyone else here.

On the same note, I wouldn't mind buying a Cstore or Fleet version of the Ambassador Class if the turn rate on the ship was raised, if not I am sticking to the free version (most likely).
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=817881
Captain
# 24
02-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
We shouldn't shut those people up by giving them what they want, 'cause they're wrong; the problem isn't that cruisers don't do enough damage to draw aggro, it's that damage is the only reliable way to draw aggro.

Cruisers need better threat control. Not a little better; a LOT better. They need a "stance" that adds AoE taunt to all their attacks; or even better, have power directed to shields increase that. Then there'd be a reason to turn up attack power for soloing, and max out shield power for grouping. You could do your job as a tank then.

And then make rewards take into account damage absorbed in proportion with damage delivered, so DPS doesn't automatically take the pot.
I agree on this. Buff the areas to make them more tank. And give them moves to perform the duty. I was on a MMO that used certain classes as tank. I loved the role as a tank and did it fairly well. It came with moves to pin the target down to focus on you, and some for several as a AOE. I think it had like 4 moves just to taunt them. Which helped tremendous.

I agree on the rewards or charts for damage taken etc. The other game I had had this, they had a dps, healing, and defense chart. So everyone can boast of their stats.