Career Officer
# 101
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
And bye bye foundry, it was nice while you were relevant.

Here's the hysterical part, my fleet tends to all get together and do a foundry mish or two to generate fleet marks - this is yet another instance where Cryptic not only demands that you grind, and you grind, but that you also grind exactly what they want you to grind and nothing else.

They want us all funneled into the same handful of missions to beef up the PUG teaming que.

That's the joke of it, I can que up with total random strangers and earn "fleet marks" but in content where I am actually teamed with my fleet like PvP, some foundry mish or the odd STF - there are no fleet marks to be had.

Ensign
# 102
02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
If you're trying to slow SB progression, this is the wrong way to go about it. If you're trying to destroy small fleets, this is a decent way to do it. If you're trying to increase game-time and therefore money invested, at some point you'll hit the end of that curve and your playerbase will start dropping. I know for me I'm seriously reconsidering TOR, but hey if you want to put money in your competitors pockets bring on the nerfbat!
Career Officer
# 103
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
Taking FM away is ridiculous. I've waited in fleet queues for 45 minutes on the KDF side before it finally popped for a measly 16 marks because the team sucked. not everyone can plan their day to be online during a fleet event for the extra marks, and not everyone enjoys waiting 45 freaking minutes to get into a queue. You need to find another way that people can earn 50 FM every half an hour guaranteed regardless of others in queues. Most fleets have players in different time zones and are not always on and playing your grindy crap content at the same time. Doing the same ridiculously easy missions over and over again is not fun. Some of your decisions are mind blowing, really how do you come up with this stuff.
Well said! 100% in agreement with him here.
Career Officer
# 104
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Feedback for Brandon:

Why not make the officer of the watch daily 50 FMs and make that 30 min cooldown. I would consider that to be ok. You do something for the fleet. You actually do something in the star base for a change. Imagine all ppl actually running errands and having purpose in the SB. That place was like a ghost town. Giving the ability to earn more than 5 ( SERIOUSLY !!! 5 FMS!!! ) more like 50 would make that sink monster to finally serve a purpose.
Career Officer
# 105
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon - they were ORIGINALLY introduced (the FM rewards for Foundry missions) as a temporary thing to coincide with some Season 6 event. HOWEVER, it was later stated that it was decided they would be a PERMANENT addition to Foundry mission rewards. (Both were posts by you on these forums, but as you're post log ends at the end of December 2012 - I don't have a link, but I know at one point you also did post FM rewards would be a permanent addition to Foundry mission rewards.)

If the STO Dev yeam wants to make such a reward change, fine - that's the nature of MMOs. But please don't go suddenly trying to defend the decision by claiming the Fleet Mark were always considered a temporary addition to Foundry mission rewards. That just wasn't how it was ultimately presented/communicated to the STO playerbase when all was said and done sometime after Season 6, but before Season 7 launched.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 106
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
In before 1440 dilithium reward for 3 hour foundry mission. Out before the rage.
Rihannsu
# 107
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
Feedback for Brandon:

Why not make the officer of the watch daily 50 FMs and make that 30 min cooldown. .
Too logical, not Cryptic enough ... also not sweetshop enough.
Career Officer
# 108
02-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
Feedback for Brandon:

Why not make the officer of the watch daily 50 FMs and make that 30 min cooldown. I would consider that to be ok. You do something for the fleet. You actually do something in the star base for a change. Imagine all ppl actually running errands and having purpose in the SB. That place was like a ghost town. Giving the ability to earn more than 5 ( SERIOUSLY !!! 5 FMS!!! ) more like 50 would make that sink monster to finally serve a purpose.
Definately support this idea, or for that matter any idea that does something to fix this worthless ornament on the starbase because nobody bother's with this for 5 fleet marks every 20 hours.

edit: i mean really i can make 20 marks in 20 hours rubbing the fleet test tribble
Empire Veteran
# 109
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Correct; they are no longer offered with these Foundry reward changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon ... answer this ... WHAT have you guys got against smaller fleets? ... We need more ways to get fleet marks ... NOT less.

And don't give me that line about how devs have their own "small" fleet as THAT does NOT cut it.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 110
02-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Here's the hysterical part, my fleet tends to all get together and do a foundry mish or two to generate fleet marks - this is yet another instance where Cryptic not only demands that you grind, and you grind, but that you also grind exactly what they want you to grind and nothing else.

They want us all funneled into the same handful of missions to beef up the PUG teaming que.

That's the joke of it, I can que up with total random strangers and earn "fleet marks" but in content where I am actually teamed with my fleet like PvP, some foundry mish or the odd STF - there are no fleet marks to be had.
Well said. Well said INDEED!

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!