Lieutenant
# 121
02-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Everyone knows grind is expected in any and all MMOs. But when it becomes 'slap-you-inna-face' with its erm...grind, that's when you have a problem. When customers start to see you spend more time and effort (and thus money) into making a game more grindy instead of adding actual promised content and features, they will leave. As stated many times previous, pulling Fleet Marks from IOR is only hurting smaller fleets and 95% of KDF fleets are small. Rep grinds and more rep grinds promised is not new content nor features. Please stop trying to fix things that aren't broke and fix things that are. 'Warp to Friend' has been in game but non-functional for over a year now, fix it or remove it. BOff AI is still terrible. The learning curve for the Foundry is severe enough that only 1 in 100 missions is of quality. Foundry needs an overhaul. Until then, people will continue to make 'loophole' missions. Forcing people into grinds only makes them more willing to make and participate in these 'loophole' missions. Not telling people the requirements to get their UGC to qualify for IOR also makes people more willing to cheat the system. Why should I work within a system that refuses to tell me the rules? Why should I be forced to play content that is stale and rewards poorly (and has been since day one, 6 months ago)? Swinging the nerfbat at situations such as this only alienates and angers the player base. Branflake's job should be to work for the player to convey our needs and wishes to the people in charge, not hand down edicts from the Mighty Nerfbat swinging Cryptic. We need people on our side, to stand up to these inane nerfs.

Thank you.
/soapbox
Republic Veteran
# 122
02-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Correct; they are no longer offered with these Foundry reward changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So you know the fecal storm you're going to kick up with this is just gonna have you change it back in a few weeks, right?

My reason for saying this is simple:

You removed the clicker mission exploit and fleets lit up in protest because it removed their ease of access to dilithium and fleet marks to off set the fact that you've never actually balanced the fleet system to the fleets that are in game.

As a result you changed the officer of the watch daily into a repeatable with a new qualifier for what you can do in the foundry to get the reward. Your qualification system was flawed, thus leading to more 'exploitation' in another method.

Rather than fix the qualification system you're just being rid of the watch mission all together, removing fleet marks from the equation and throwing it back out with, what seems like, the exact same borked qualification system that was causing this in the first place.

You have returned to square one. You have removed fleets methods of acquiring fleet marks, and will again be knee deep in an uproar in a matter of days (more likely hours) and will be forced to change the system again.

So here's a humble suggestion. What's on Holodeck now is broken. What you're putting on tribble now, is broken. Rather than replacing something broken with something broken, let what's currently broken but works remain and actually fix the current problem.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?

Last edited by alastorforthrigh; 02-13-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: a more detailed explination
Ensign
# 123
02-13-2013, 07:11 PM
And this is utterly HORRIBLE.

I'm basically a solo fleet. the amount of grinding I had to do just to get to Tier 1, for fleet marks was outrageous. Playing 10 foundry missions in one day to get my shipyard upgraded wasn't fun. It wasn't fun when I did twice that for the tier 1 upgrade. They think those of us grinding fleet marks are having too much fun at their expense? Why don't they try it sometime? See how much fun that is, how true to the spirit of Star Trek running battleship royal rumble six times in a day is.

This effectively kills my hopes of advancing the base or the embassy. And as that's all I've got left to do in the game at this point, it kills my interest in playing.

If this isn't changed, then I'm going to have to find a different game to play within the next week. This just won't be a viable return on my time or money. It's barely become one anyway.

The alternatives for fleet marks, i.e the events and nukkara are horrible returns on time put in. Really, the devs need to change course on this immediately. I don't care if it's in the foundry, if it's added to STFs, if they bump up the rewards in the normal fleet events, or what it is, but I need to be able to reliably make more then 25 fleet marks an hour. This is quite literally the last straw for me.
Rihannsu
# 124
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Removing the fleet marks from the Foundry is a horrible idea. Please either put it back or make the fleet marks more available via other content (*cough* PVP *cough*).
Career Officer
# 125
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Well I guess I am done playing the foundry since I wont be able to do the daily to help my fleet.
Empire Veteran
# 126
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
So you know the fecal storm you're going to kick up with this is just gonna have you change it back in a few weeks, right?

My reason for saying this is simple:

You removed the clicker mission exploit and fleets lit up in protest because it removed their ease of access to dilithium and fleet marks to off set the fact that you've never actually balanced the fleet system to the fleets that are in game.

As a result you changed the officer of the watch daily into a repeatable with a new qualifier for what you can do in the foundry to get the reward. Your qualification system was flawed, thus leading to more 'exploitation' in another method.

Rather than fix the qualification system you're just being rid of the watch mission all together, removing fleet marks from the equation and throwing it back out with, what seems like, the exact same borked qualification system that was causing this in the first place.

You have returned to square one. You have removed fleets methods of acquiring fleet marks, and will again be knee deep in an uproar in a matter of days (more likely hours) and will be forced to change the system again.

So here's a humble suggestion. What's on Holodeck now is broken. What you're putting on tribble now, is broken. Rather than replacing something broken with something broken, let what's currently broken but works remain and actually fix the current problem.
:::: cues the choir to sing heavenly music behind the reading of the above.

Well said.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 127
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimagus View Post
And this is utterly HORRIBLE.

I'm basically a solo fleet. the amount of grinding I had to do just to get to Tier 1, for fleet marks was outrageous. Playing 10 foundry missions in one day to get my shipyard upgraded wasn't fun. It wasn't fun when I did twice that for the tier 1 upgrade. They think those of us grinding fleet marks are having too much fun at their expense? Why don't they try it sometime? See how much fun that is, how true to the spirit of Star Trek running battleship royal rumble six times in a day is.

This effectively kills my hopes of advancing the base or the embassy. And as that's all I've got left to do in the game at this point, it kills my interest in playing.

If this isn't changed, then I'm going to have to find a different game to play within the next week. This just won't be a viable return on my time or money. It's barely become one anyway.

The alternatives for fleet marks, i.e the events and nukkara are horrible returns on time put in. Really, the devs need to change course on this immediately. I don't care if it's in the foundry, if it's added to STFs, if they bump up the rewards in the normal fleet events, or what it is, but I need to be able to reliably make more then 25 fleet marks an hour. This is quite literally the last straw for me.

Yes yes, a thousand times yes.
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
You guys messed up the Temporal Disruption Device. It now has half damage but still same 19 second cooldown. Its damage is now 3,255.2 kinetic which is half of what it is on holodeck right now. The cooldown for it is still 19 seconds!!! Either double the damage or else cut the cooldown in half! This needs to be fixed before it goes to holodeck!

P.S. WHy does it have a 30 second cooldown after firing off a torp spread... That doesn't even make sense.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!

Last edited by deusemperor; 02-13-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 129
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
If your going to take the daily away, then you are going to have to lower the amount of items needed for fleet projects. You are making people join fleets for gear and ships. This mission was the only thing that was keeping small fleets alive. Now small fleets will disband along with mine. I made a new fleet to get away from big fleet drama and now you (cryptic) just killed it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Fleet marks were added to the IOR as part of an event. Instead of removing the reward the team listened to the community feedback and decided to keep it in. Now, MONTHS later they are removing it. The players will not see this as merely removing something that was part of an event and restoring the reward system to it's "intended" default.