Career Officer
# 141
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petst0ne View Post
the Klingon Side Will Die, Because No One Will Want To Play Kdf, Because The Qeues Are Going To Take Way Too Long.
Kdf 2010 - 2013 Rip
Survivor of Romulus
# 142
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Cryptic, I'd celebrate your 3 year anniversary well, because at this rate, you'll destroy yourself before the 4th
Career Officer
# 143
02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petst0ne View Post
Cryptic, I'd celebrate your 3 year anniversary well, because at this rate, you'll destroy yourself before the 4th
lmao hahaha
Survivor of Romulus
# 144
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
Since fleets are suppose to be about people playing together for a common goal why not have a similar scaling reward for fleet marks based on the amount of participants a fleet can put together per queue they do.

1. Both queues will give fleet marks.
2. Must have more then 2 people per fleet to get any fleet marks. (sorry but fleets are about playing together not soloing, this to stop soloing.)
3. The more members they get together the far greater amount of fleet marks they earn at the end of the event. (would be up to cryptic to decide bonus maybe 2-4 players 2x bonus; 5-10 players 4x bonus; 11-15 players 10x bonus; etc) this would entice people to build larger fleets and play together more and would aleviate the need for larger amount of fleet marks.
4. Now that seems far for the shafting cryptic has been giving us players time and time again.

honestly a system like this not much would have to change, the values of fleet marks given now could stay the same because with the more fleet members u get to play at once the rewards at the end would be decent without being OP and everyone would be happy
your idea is a good one but is flawed to the point that it would still hurt the small fleets that only have maybe 1 or 2 at a time on, for them soloing FM is the only option. I my self only used the foundry daily for fleet marks I needed right away it was not a daily thing for me yes it will hurt my construction efforts and slow down things so I hope that a compromise is in the works. I do agree with other statements that there needs to be more FM added to the current fleet events as I rarely do them because of lack of FM, but I did like the option to temporal ambassador when you repeated it that you got FM although it made no sense because it was a solo mission and FM are supposed to be a team effort currency, so instead of taking away FM from one thing add them to missions where a team is not really needed but is encouraged say like for example "Stranded in Space" that mission encourages a team to get the team accolade why not start there and do so with other missions the same way.
Just a thought
Rihannsu
# 145
02-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
your idea is a good one but is flawed to the point that it would still hurt the small fleets that only have maybe 1 or 2 at a time on, for them soloing FM is the only option. I my self only used the foundry daily for fleet marks I needed right away it was not a daily thing for me yes it will hurt my construction efforts and slow down things so I hope that a compromise is in the works. I do agree with other statements that there needs to be more FM added to the current fleet events as I rarely do them because of lack of FM, but I did like the option to temporal ambassador when you repeated it that you got FM although it made no sense because it was a solo mission and FM are supposed to be a team effort currency, so instead of taking away FM from one thing add them to missions where a team is not really needed but is encouraged say like for example "Stranded in Space" that mission encourages a team to get the team accolade why not start there and do so with other missions the same way.
Just a thought
Im sure cryptic could and SHOULD put something in there for fleets that of the smaller nature but it was just a starting point of an idea that i thought was a very good idea of a way to earning fleet marks a "fleet" way
Career Officer
# 146
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Ok, I'll throw my voice into this FM debate:

This is a rather large mistake. Unless you are planning to **increase* existing Fleet Mark (FM) reward elsewhere --and-- increase the number of things that reward FM (any and all group activity comes to mind. STFs, PvP, Red Alerts, **ALL** Fleet Actions, those wandering Enemy Engagement cloud open mission things, in fact *all* open missions).

People stopped running the Fleet Mark queues for a reason. Not (just) because IORs are easy. Because having to constantly re-run the same 2 (maybe 3) missions over and over all night to get even a handful of FM is BORING.

Let me add this - GRINDING IORs is BORING TOO!!

I don't want to do it. I seem to need to, however. And this coming from what the team has stated is roughly the size of fleet the starbase progression is targeting: between 40 and 60 active players (66 unique account/players at last headcount, but a number of those have left STO because of terrible decisions like this).

The STO team seems to like making this mistake. Take away now, replace at some point later maybe.

So to sum up: Unless and until you have been able to provide us with fun, varied, and ubiquitous means of getting FM, please reconsider a complete pull of IOR/Foundry FM.

Lower it.

Then raise greatly it in Fleet queues, at least double and not just during the event.

Then add it to literally everything that needs more than 1 person to accomplish... I mean everything.

THEN pull it from Foundry.

Oh, and do us a favor, let Sthal come right out and bluntly say the number of FM the team is expecting the average player to earn in a day. Its clearly less than we feel it should be, and we're just going to continue to lose heart unless you flat out say "we expect every player to earn xx marks per average play session, and have designed the system based on this" in the same way you let us know what Fleet size you were designing for!

I know full well a "good" session in your minds is far, far less FM rewards than it is in ours (Hint: I'm happy at above 200FM, and I cant stand being shoehorned into 3 or less "fun" ways to get it!)

I could care less about Dilithium - I get it nearly everywhere and am happy with the number I pull down without breaking a sweat.

The FM rewards outside of IORs is just horrible.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 02-13-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Captain
# 147
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Congratulations you just killed small fleets. Great job Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 148
02-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Ok, this summarizes my attitude about taking FM out of the system now without better rewards elsewhere:

Quote:
Fry: Now that you mention it, I do have trouble breathing underwater sometimes. I'll take the gills.

Shady Guy: Yes, gills. Then, uh, you don't need lungs anymore, is right?

Fry: Can't imagine why I would.

Shady Guy: Lie down on table. I take lungs now, gills come next week.
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Captain
# 149
02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
On the topic of FM rewards for foundry content played, I was more of the mind to see them match the time spent in the fleet missions rather than see them removed. Being able to reward players FMs for solo play in content was a good thing in my opinion.

I think a big problem that isn't being voiced by the players feeling the crunch is that both the large and small fleets are using the same scales for growth. Sure, a full group of 5 fleet members playing well in a single fleet mission (in extra reward hours) can earn some 180 FMs for one 15 minute mission. But that's not something many fleets can pull off on a regular basis, particularly those with only 25-50 active accounts.

I actually think it should be looked at that Fleet missions gain slightly more FMs, to the point of double in some cases, and the timed FM rewards for foundry plays should give a matching reward based on the 15 minutes time spent avgs.
Career Officer
# 150
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
...a full group of 5 fleet members playing well in a single fleet mission (in extra reward hours) can earn some 180 FMs for one 15 minute mission...
There are painfully limited missions/zones to do this with.