Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
# 171
02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
... did u know the dev worked on farmville
Well that explains many things. I'm downloading TOR at the moment ... if this change makes it to holodeck I'm gone. Best of luck to those left behind, I feel for you, I really do.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 920
# 172
02-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelene13 View Post
Well that explains many things. I'm downloading TOR at the moment ... if this change makes it to holodeck I'm gone. Best of luck to those left behind, I feel for you, I really do.
Doing the same myself actually.....the fleet mark removal is a dork move, totally "What-the-heck-are-you-thinking-thats-so-dumb-I-have-lost-all-faith-in-your-competence-as-a-rational-being" experience.

Grats Cryptic, only 2 other developers have ever made me feel that way....and one released The War Z.

And on the note of the Temporal torpedo oddness - when they were last "fixed" to a Chroniton type instead of tricobalt, they probably did a spaghetti code kitbash bandaid fix, hence the current bugginess. Grats again Cryptic.

To boldly code what no coder would dare to compile.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
# 173
02-14-2013, 01:20 AM
I sincerely hope Cryptic employees are continuing to read this thread. If I were them, I might interpret a lot of this thread as whining and crying, but really there is a lot of justified outrage being posted in this thread over the "11th hour" nerf to fleet marks. It would be a serious mistake to ignore what people are saying here.

I've read a lot of posts in this thread that were excellently written with great ideas, concise criticism, constructive proposals, and so on. So I won't really attempt to say much more because everything that needs to be said HAS been said in this thread.

Repetition is necessary though. Unless Cryptic is forced to see the same logical arguments over and over it will be easy for them to continue ignoring the player base and continue to show a lack of respect for communication with the players of STO like myself. Our money keeps them alive, and we should expect a measure of respect in that regard.

--- A major change to the fleet mark system like nerfing Foundry missions should have been tested first. There is a reason you guys have a test server. Start using it more.

--- A major change should provide ample advanced warning for the players.

--- Removing fleet marks from Foundry missions without creating new content or altering existing content to offset that major loss of fleet marks will create a major problem for players and fleets.

--- Existing PVE/PVP content is insufficient for the farming/collection of fleet marks. It has been said that existing content is very limited. There have not been new PVE missions for a long time. Colony Invasion is relatively worthless for time spent. Longer 20-man queues are very difficult to pull a queue together. I personally have never been able to play Big Dig. By nerfing Foundry fleet marks you are:

--- Forcing people to grind the same, extremely limited content over and over and over is not only painful, it easily leads to "burn out." Why would people continue to play a game that becomes boring and unfun when there are new/existing games out there that can easily provide more entertainment?

The point everyone is making isn't that a change to Foundry/fleet marks is the end of Star Trek Online. Part of the point is that there simply isn't enough content. Many players are clearly feeling like all you care about is our money. You don't seem to care about fixing major bugs, errors, server problems, game play issues, adding new content, fixing content, or balancing existing content.

We understand that you need to make money, and we enjoy STO... but please show us some respect before you think about making game-altering changes like the one about to be immediately implemented without testing it first. Please.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 419
# 174
02-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulabajones View Post
I sincerely hope Cryptic employees are continuing to read this thread. If I were them, I might interpret a lot of this thread as whining and crying, but really there is a lot of justified outrage being posted in this thread over the "11th hour" nerf to fleet marks. It would be a serious mistake to ignore what people are saying here.

I've read a lot of posts in this thread that were excellently written with great ideas, concise criticism, constructive proposals, and so on. So I won't really attempt to say much more because everything that needs to be said HAS been said in this thread.

Repetition is necessary though. Unless Cryptic is forced to see the same logical arguments over and over it will be easy for them to continue ignoring the player base and continue to show a lack of respect for communication with the players of STO like myself. Our money keeps them alive, and we should expect a measure of respect in that regard.

--- A major change to the fleet mark system like nerfing Foundry missions should have been tested first. There is a reason you guys have a test server. Start using it more.

--- A major change should provide ample advanced warning for the players.

--- Removing fleet marks from Foundry missions without creating new content or altering existing content to offset that major loss of fleet marks will create a major problem for players and fleets.

--- Existing PVE/PVP content is insufficient for the farming/collection of fleet marks. It has been said that existing content is very limited. There have not been new PVE missions for a long time. Colony Invasion is relatively worthless for time spent. Longer 20-man queues are very difficult to pull a queue together. I personally have never been able to play Big Dig. By nerfing Foundry fleet marks you are:

--- Forcing people to grind the same, extremely limited content over and over and over is not only painful, it easily leads to "burn out." Why would people continue to play a game that becomes boring and unfun when there are new/existing games out there that can easily provide more entertainment?

The point everyone is making isn't that a change to Foundry/fleet marks is the end of Star Trek Online. Part of the point is that there simply isn't enough content. Many players are clearly feeling like all you care about is our money. You don't seem to care about fixing major bugs, errors, server problems, game play issues, adding new content, fixing content, or balancing existing content.

We understand that you need to make money, and we enjoy STO... but please show us some respect before you think about making game-altering changes like the one about to be immediately implemented without testing it first. Please.
Dont hold your breath,nobody's listening,nobody's bothered in craptic.Play the game how "they" want you to play it,proven track record for these peeps...


Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 175
02-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelene13 View Post
Well that explains many things. I'm downloading TOR at the moment ... if this change makes it to holodeck I'm gone. Best of luck to those left behind, I feel for you, I really do.
I feel I should point out 2 things:

1. The changes mentioned n this Tribble topic are being pushed to Holodeck tomorrow.

and

2. TORs F2P model is no better than this one. If anything its on par with this one and in some ways worse.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 445
# 176
02-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jornado View Post
Doing the same myself actually.....the fleet mark removal is a dork move, totally "What-the-heck-are-you-thinking-thats-so-dumb-I-have-lost-all-faith-in-your-competence-as-a-rational-being" experience.

Grats Cryptic, only 2 other developers have ever made me feel that way....and one released The War Z.

And on the note of the Temporal torpedo oddness - when they were last "fixed" to a Chroniton type instead of tricobalt, they probably did a spaghetti code kitbash bandaid fix, hence the current bugginess. Grats again Cryptic.

To boldly code what no coder would dare to compile.
can I havz your stuffz

see ya don't let the door hit you .. you know in that spot
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 445
# 177
02-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I feel I should point out 2 things:

1. The changes mentioned n this Tribble topic are being pushed to Holodeck tomorrow.

and

2. TORs F2P model is no better than this one. If anything its on par with this one and in some ways worse.
its worse it really feels like a pay-to-win option more than a F2P option IMHO if you want any end game gear you have to pay to get it on your toons but again thats my opinion
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,504
# 178
02-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
uhuh....

well i am positive that your Datamining will show soon enough that Starbase Progression will slow down to a full stop if you guys go through with this.

People are sick and tired of replaying those old Season 6 Fleetmark missions, the KDF queues aren't moving anymore either...

Within a week you will do something to make people earn more Fleetmarks again i am certain of that.

But don't take my word for it, just keep your eyes on your Dataminig machinery and facepalm hard about your decision later when you notice that we can't buy the Fleet Ships you try to sell to us, if we can not progress in the Starbase System.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 373
# 179
02-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Is there a weekly "Let's See How We Can Piss Off The Customer Base" meeting at Cryptic? It seems like everytime things get settled down from the last F-You they pull, something like this happens. It happens too regularly to be coincidence. In the past, I have spent way too much money on this game. Thanks for solving that problem for me, Cryptic.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 180
02-14-2013, 05:18 AM
O well .....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.