Lieutenant
# 181
02-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Well until this is resolved I guess its back to other games very sad to see that the one thing that brought me back to season 7 was the ease of dili and FM grinding through the Foundry missions now leaves me a bit upset. I hope all the Foundry authors that complained that their 2 hour long RP missions were not being played over the 20-30 minute foundry missions are happy that now no one will be playing any foundry missions until this is fixed
Career Officer
# 182
02-14-2013, 06:24 AM
They can datamine all they want and see the errors after they make them, but it loses them customers, a lost customer rarely returns. If anyone with any actual (real) game play experience worked at cryptic they would know this is a disaster. Being part of a 400 person fleet who logs on once a week isn't the core of STO.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 183
02-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Keep fleet marks....anyone?
Empire Veteran
# 184
02-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
fair enough and yes it makes sense, but again can someone look at increasing the current rewards or adding new ways in the immediate future or are they staying the same till the next big update?

as every fleet is getting higher up in the tiers, the cost is increasing so its only getting harder and harder as everyone goes along and a big way to earn marks just went away.

if promoting the fleet content is the goal then great, but people could use a little compensation via more marks per mission to help out.
Should ask the team to work on a better variety of fleet missions that award marks. I can only play the same bunch of missions over and over again before I face roll my keyboard in a fit of snoring. This goes the same with the romulan and omega rep missions.

I'll be back when the game stops putting me to sleep. Until then, I'll be in Planetside 2
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Starfleet Veteran
# 185
02-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
fair enough and yes it makes sense, but again can someone look at increasing the current rewards or adding new ways in the immediate future or are they staying the same till the next big update?

as every fleet is getting higher up in the tiers, the cost is increasing so its only getting harder and harder as everyone goes along and a big way to earn marks just went away.

if promoting the fleet content is the goal then great, but people could use a little compensation via more marks per mission to help out.
I beleave ya'll are thinking wayyyy back when it was first added back then they had the clicky 3 second missions that counted, not about they way its set up now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 186
02-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Also who ever can say what ever all this does it hurt your smaller fleets and discroages them, They say they are looking into ways to help smaller fleets then they do stuff like this which hurts them, it's simply talking out boath sides of your mouth, and once again makes alot of people say foundry why bother now, its just isnt worth it in a gaame where we have so much grinding to do, And foundry authors can think what they want but all those complaining about not getting play time on there missions well guess what your gonna get even less now. And thats a sad thing cause they are alot of realy great missions out there that those who are in mid size to smaller fleets have alot less time now to even think about playing them cause now we got to find another way to make up for the fleet mark loss.
Starfleet Veteran
# 187
02-14-2013, 07:10 AM
While reading the patch logs i have to ask myself if the developers actually know what they are doing.

The amount of fleet marks that are required is getting more and more as new content is getting added. Starbase and embassy already take thousands of fleet marks for simple projects. Hundred thousands in total.
And the only valueable way to earn fleet marks is being removed now.

Fleet events are idiotic, boring and the reward is not worth the time spent.
Right at the moment there is no alternative to the foundry missions when it is about earning fleet marks.
And in fact most foudry missions are only played because of the fleet marks. Remove the fleet marks from there and practically nobody wants to play the foundry missions anymore because they are simply not worth it anymore.

So what are the alternatives?
Adding fleet marks to PVP? Cmon you can not be serious about this.
This is just an invitation for Tier 5 fleet members to bash the members of lower lvl fleets.
In order to win in PVPs you need good equipment... equipment that you can only access if you are already in a high lvl fleet.
So members of low lvl fleets get the chance to play target... for old fleets? is that the new innovative idea behind the new PVP system?

IF the fleet marks get removed then new fleets practically never get the chance to make progress... they practically never get the chance to raise in tiers.
It does not even make sense anymore to form new fleets if these changes really get introduced. It might even be that smaller fleets die now as they lost their chance to evolve.
Career Officer
# 188
02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Aye, this is bad news for big fleets that need ~3000 Fleet Marks a day, *very* bad for small fleets who have only a handful of people to earn the marks, and *very* bad for Foundry authors.

Expect a reversal or stepback within the next two weeks, or else Cryptic's net player gain may dip back into the negative.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
# 189 Why do they care?
02-14-2013, 07:50 AM
I just don't understand why they even care if we gain a bunch of fleet marks quickly. You can't buy them for real money.

The faster you earn FM the more dilithium a fleet will need (something you can buy with real money).

The faster a fleet gets to T5 the faster people will be buying ship modules (also something you can buy for real money).

You would think they would make Fleet marks spring out of the ground as we walk.

Face the facts cryptic, you don't know how to write missions any more (2800 multiplayer... nuff said), you have no ideas for content.

Even when you introduce something to a game that writes its own story, you dont. Temporal vessels, where's the story line missions for that. Ferengi boxes introduced, no ferengi missions. Come on, really?

So what's left? Neato gear and a grind fest. At least with the foundry we got to play someone else mindnumbing brainless grind to add on to the 4 stale mindnumbing brainless grinds you gave us over 6 months ago.

And now, with FM farming, you had a way to speed up our spending real money that you implemented by accident which we didn't realize we were doing to ourselves and you want to stop that as well. Genius!

I almost wish I could go back to right when Atari was selling STO. And yes, we had no content, and true, there was no word on what was coming. But what we had was hope. Hope that when the "Great Darkness" was over we would have weekly FE's like we were promised. Hope that new story-line content would flow like Romulan Ale at a party. A newly invigorated staff happy to be owned by a company that actually wanted the STO IP.
I miss hope.
Republic Veteran
# 190
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I am in a very small fleet and I support these changes. I find it interesting that so many people complain that the Fleet Mark missions are boring, and then turn around and 'grind' these boring foundry missions.