Career Officer
# 51
02-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I remember a chat with Borticus and several long-term OrganizedPvP chat channel members, where he proposed exactly this solution. Obviously, not everybody could possibly be there, but the feedback that he asked for and got was, in its majority, positive in that channel chat. In fact, I don't remember a single negative reply, if we agree that "I have another idea, which is much better!!!"-comments have no place in such dicussions.

And once again, like always, I will just say this: Why not just try it out for a week, instead of making a undoubtedly error-prone prognosis of any kind and demand action due to it?
So why the hell don't they let these fixes linger a bit in Tribble for a bit before passing them off onto Holodeck?

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
02-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
So why the hell don't they let these fixes linger a bit in Tribble for a bit before passing them off onto Holodeck?
Now that is the right question, even though it is a bit unfortunately worded.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 53
02-14-2013, 02:03 AM
if someone suggested that tric torp change on opvp, they are incompetent. the mine change is fine, and addresses the crit issue significantly. at least incoming mines you cant get away from or do anything about wont be a death sentence anymore.

tric torp changes-positive

stuns more often. a 1 second stun, or with HY a longer but buggy on/off stun wile your moving

tric torp change-negative

HY plasmas deal more damage and can be fired more often

so, totally fail change. un half the torp damage, and tric torps can be viable, mainstream weapons again. they were already quite obscure, now they are completely irreverent for the purposes of damage dealing.

in STO, the tricobalt torpedo is a crappy damage dealing weapon. what is this the mirror universe?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
02-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
[...]
HY plasmas deal more damage and can be fired more often
[...]
Actually, equally often, and only by having 1 weapon and 2 boff slots as opposed to 2 weapon slots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 55
02-14-2013, 02:18 AM
I think these mines will still actually be useful due to linked crits. You can now drop them twice as fast, which means twice as much opportunity to get crits in, and I doubt many players will be able to survive DPB3 trics that crit even after this nerf.
Career Officer
# 56
02-14-2013, 02:47 AM
It's gonna be time to implement mass spam-control measures if this stuff takes off.

My Scis will get a nice workout out of it. lol.

Captain
# 57
02-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
It's gonna be time to implement mass spam-control measures if this stuff takes off.

My Scis will get a nice workout out of it. lol.
Grav Well w/ lots of Graviton Gens. Great pull and a huge AoE, maybe huger with the Gravimetric DOff that procs additional Grav Wells.
Career Officer
# 58
02-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Grav Well w/ lots of Graviton Gens. Great pull and a huge AoE, maybe huger with the Gravimetric DOff that procs additional Grav Wells.
Gonna be fun to try. I was caught in one recently and was surprised at how well it worked. It reminded me of the old days with super-potent GWs being thrown around.

Career Officer
# 59
02-14-2013, 03:59 AM
Quote:
We wanted nerfs to mines, not further nerfs to torps. Torps didn't need a nerf, they've been fine. Yes, even though I absolutely hate the self-damage component of the torps, they were fine.
except the torps got a buff. sure lower damage and all aside. they have a faster up time that has a disable.

in pvp all you need is 3 secs of a disable and BOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

really some pvp heroes really need to wise up. not directing thsi part to you snoge, but all the pvp guys as a whole. most of you guys cried with rsp epts and extends issue only to say it was a good idea. one i believe was a very good idea to this day. if you guys are calling for a buff to this stuff (torps mostly) just wait till a group of guys hit ques soon with builds that will make you all ask for a real nerf from cryptic. not this "nerf" buff thing they have been doing.

im going to jump out of my bug and into a defiant with 2 tric torps and 2 dhc. ill also go solo just to find people on a hit list in c&h as well as arena.

Last edited by broken1981; 02-14-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Captain
# 60
02-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Now that is the right question, even though it is a bit unfortunately worded.
I think the folks at cryptic are big boys and girls Sophie they can handle a little G rated language.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.