Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 81
02-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
actually builds will be much stronger if anything. no need to put 2 tric mines or torps on. that means 1 more dhc or turent. its going to be a spam fest. so the damage will be made up in the lower cd time frame.


/10char

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 82
02-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
What I dont understand is why they fiddle around with all of these senseless tweaks, when they could in fact have made like 10 new pvp maps by now...

lulz.
because 400000 crits are not fun in pvp. and i doubt the crits would be reduced in a new pvp map by magic
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 83
02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
because 400000 crits are not fun in pvp. and i doubt the crits would be reduced in a new pvp map by magic
Sorry I was refering to the Trico Torp rather then the mines, you are right on that. Still of all the senseless tweaks they pulled tru in the last year they coulve made a few new pvp maps etc..
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 84
02-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Sorry I was refering to the Trico Torp rather then the mines, you are right on that. Still of all the senseless tweaks they pulled tru in the last year they coulve made a few new pvp maps etc..
next on cryptics nerf list.........MT got a damage reduction by 50%, his hull is reduced by 10%, all heals are now reduced by 8%, shield hp reduced by 3.4%.

known issues

can que for pvp any time MT wants too. meant to only que 3 times in a 24 hour time frame.

can team up to tag puppies to collect 5 tags. meant to do this solo and only collect 1 tag every 36 hours.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,525
# 85
02-14-2013, 09:32 AM
ive personally for a wile now been using torps like the omega and then a tric to do heavy bombing alphas with 3 DHCs. i find it a bit more effective then a quantum salvo when their is a sliver of shields in the way, but the self damaging is a major negative vs other normal torps. with the tric damage nerf, they arent worth considering over the omega at all anymore. i can use that thing every 15 seconds, or 10 seconds if i stack HY, its fairly relentless. the tric was good for C&H's, with lone targets. quite a few times i 1 shoted with just 3 DHC and a HY2 tric, was fun. now that highest damage is simply no longer in game, with a poor replacement effect, allowing for stun more often.

in all my experience using it, and being hit by them, the stun was always a non issue, save for the break in abilities like TB and ES, but theres several other ways to get that desired effect without replacing a DHC or whatever other weapon. if the target is moving, the AOE stun anomaly effects them intermittently, and quite often any effect from it is shorter then the gap between CRF DHC fireing cycles. never have i said to myself, boy, its that stun i got on him that really made the difference. and anyone who has faced me should know i always got a TB ready.

this was an obscure weapon already, the loss of other DPS for the stupid thing sitting in one of your forward weapon slots doing nothing for 60 seconds was a drag on effectiveness with little chance of it being used successfully without a decloak. just lowering the cooldown is appropriate, halfing the damage below HY plasma levels is not. without tric consoles, your not going to see a non HY tric deal much more then ~6k damage directly to hull, and my MKXII was only seeing about 10k with HY1. when was the last time you saw a good hull hit from quantum or even photon salvo's deal that little combined?

if these stuns were so great during an alpha, why isn't everyone using the shockwave torp console and PSW on every escort that can use it? oh thats right, even fully buffed the stun is tiny compared to what it used to be way back when, i remember bops very effectively using it during alphas. when people quietly move on from these 'buffed' tric torps, i'll try not to say i told you so.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
# 86 wow im really hurting here
02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
ummm...spread on trics? yeah dont think you should really post if your using a spread on a tric............
you should post less responses to people and try think more
and if u would ever go up against a team that uses them combined with gwx3 u would probably spend ur multiple posting skills crying on these forums


on all your posts hear i didnt see even one logical response..

the only logical point of getting a trico mine is just for trailing back on pets coming at u , for everything else its useless
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 87
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheard View Post
you should post less responses to people and try think more
and if u would ever go up against a team that uses them combined with gwx3 u would probably spend ur multiple posting skills crying on these forums


on all your posts hear i didnt see even one logical response..

the only logical point of getting a trico mine is just for trailing back on pets coming at u , for everything else its useless
not really since they move slower then a turtle. thats why you use a tb at 1.5 km
inless ur confusing spread for a dp. if you say spread i have to assume your talking torps.

and if you think your stupid mines got nerf then thats full of logic fail
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
# 88
02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
not really since they move slower then a turtle. thats why you use a tb at 1.5 km
inless ur confusing spread for a dp. if you say spread i have to assume your talking torps.

and if you think your stupid mines got nerf then thats full of logic fail
next time b4 saying anything try reading the entire post..how does spread pattern trico relate in any way to torpedo ?? "torpedo spread" "spread pattern" ..reading comprehension

and there are numerous other ways to stop a target which im sure as hell not gonna specify ...but works best on a full omega escort that think to outrun everything ...

of course trico on a pvp enemy would be worthless if there was no way to stop them .
as there are ways the problem is with the spike dmg ...if the mines previously critted on a target when u debuffed it u got what u wanted . as now ..unless the target is seriously under speked ..it wont .

dmg wise trico now almost match nose to nose the quantum mines using mines spread patterns , the trico has the aoe advantage and thats good for pve , albeit much less then b4 , but thats bout it now .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 89 Thats not true...
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The tric torp change is utterly baffling... no one wanted nor asked for a change to the torps, they've never been an issue, even in PvE. In fact tric torps have never filled any role because what you could get done with trics you could do even easier with quants (non-destructible), simply due to the nature of the circumstances that prevail when torps are being used.

Maybe Cryptic could stop trying to be creative and just admit that their original dispersal pattern change was a poor one, and leave the rest well enough alone?
Actually a dev stopped by opvp a while back and asked a handful of opvpers online at the time what we might think about a potential change like this. There were various responses and a vague discussion about the possible idea going into effect. And if I remember right part of the change is aimed at addressing the tricobalt one shotting that's plagued the queues with the mines recently.

I'll be working with them myself and I'll certainly hop over and see what TRH thinks about the changes. They may need some tweaking so they are still viable relative to the average damage of other torps but in the long run this could be a very interesting change. Lets wait and test them out ourselves and cross that bridge when we've come to it.

-Captain Tripwire-

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,441
# 90
02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
So, after messing around with it.. you can't bring a Tricobalt Torpedo down below global Cool down. Even with only 1 Tricobalt Torpedo and Photon Torpedoes, can't bring it down below 15 seconds.

Oh well.. Was a nice thought. But I guess that's one good thing they didn't break.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.