Lt. Commander
# 111
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Um, "we" didn't ask for this. This was planned from long ago. Seriously.... Look up Zeronius's posts. they have been planning to axe the foundry wrapper.... honestly probably since before they even created it. so.... don't go blaming the people who spend hours writing missions for this change.

Too bad so many people spend hours writing just god awful missions though. I mean there are some legitimately very good foundry files out there but its only a small percentage. If it werent for the grinders/farmers the foundry would be rarely used. The IORs (mainly), STOked before Chris went nuts and took it offline and the Spotlight is the foundry's saving grace. Now Cryptic is probably about to muff that all to hell and back.
Captain
# 112
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I do agree with you that DOFF is very powerful for Dil. I feel no real Dil pressure whatsoever and haven't for some time now that I've got a solid core of purple and blue DOFFs to work with. As long as you can pop on for 5 minutes a couple times a day during times you otherwise wouldn't play, to keep your DOFF assignments full and remember to look for the gold ones that offer a better payout, there's a lot of pretty much free Dil just floating there.
Exactly. But I think it can also be powerful for fleet marks if you immediately turn in a commendation report any time a category hits 110000 CXP.

Just one note...not all of the gold ones net 50 dil, so you do have to make sure to check which ones you want before doing them. "Research Phase Discriminators" is one that comes to mind for not having a 50-dil payout but being gold.

Quote:
It's great because it frees you up to do other things and actually play what you want, not what you "have to" in order to feel like you're making progress.
Exactly. With my DOFFs running stuff in the background, I can play in the Foundry or anywhere else I feel like messing around in STO.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 113
02-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalandex View Post
I don't know what to rage about... it is the same thing with the console clickies - if a game mechanic can be used as an exploit it will be taken away.

It was a bad design decision in the first place and every one with a bit of common sense could have seen it coming that it would be taken out sooner or later.

Don't blame the foundry authors because they want to use the foundry to tell stories. that is how it is meant to be used.
This whole problem has been getting worse since the clickies went away. As I have said clickies were a victimless crime you could only do them daily for 1440 dil and you had time to play the other missions if you wanted. Now the exploits take longer. Foundry authors have asked for a better menu to search for missions. Instead cryptic keeps nerfing the rewards and the result is nobody is happy.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
Just a question:

What are the plans for compensating for the loss of fleet marks currently earnable through certain mechanics that will not be available after the next patch. I'm speaking in terms of how many fleet marks that can currently be earned per hour. Will existing fleet content receive an increase across the board so that the payout quantities are on par with how they potentially are now?
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Lieutenant
# 115
02-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
This whole problem has been getting worse since the clickies went away. As I have said clickies were a victimless crime you could only do them daily for 1440 dil and you had time to play the other missions if you wanted. Now the exploits take longer. Foundry authors have asked for a better menu to search for missions. Instead cryptic keeps nerfing the rewards and the result is nobody is happy.
Rationality has little to do with maintaining purity.
Captain
# 116
02-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes indeed. This was the only reason I did the foundry, and actually gave me a reason to log in every day. I'm very upset you would even think about taking it out, let alone doing it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 117
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Whats this fleet mark situation? I not heard about it
Captain
# 118
02-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes indeed. This was the only reason I did the foundry, and actually gave me a reason to log in every day. I'm very upset you would even think about taking it out, let alone doing it.
I intentionallty avoided naming which system the reward was being removed from so that this topic can actually STAY in general discussion as the impact will be felt generally throughout the game after the patch.

Let us not turn this into a complaint thread, but try to keep it rooted in seeking answers to how fleet mark rewards will be adjusted to compensate.

I would hope that the reward quantity will be redistributed to suitable sources and not just removed, as that will not be an encouragement to anyone.

Again, let us not use this as a complaint thread, but rather as an info-seeking thread,
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Captain
# 119
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar2 View Post
Rationality has little to do with maintaining purity.
Me no understand your response. Can u explain?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 120
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
Whats this fleet mark situation? I not heard about it
A new patch hit tribble earlier today that has an updated set of rewards for the foundry missions, and one of the changes is that they are removing fleet marks from the foundry mission that we currently can do.
Closed Thread