Career Officer
# 21
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madblooddoll View Post
Well Cryptic made the architect in CoH which Paragon nerfed after Cryptic left, and that didn't work out well. I guess I won't buy neverwinter since that means they'll plan ahead to make that games foundry useless too. I honestly don't care about spotlight missions anyway. tired of my vulcan feeling emotion or my tactical officers being frightened or in love with characters they created. The only good thing about this thread is you saved me and my friends $199 each on the Neverwinter founders pack.

I'm not grinding out anything in this. I got a life.
Architect was made entirely after Cryptic left, as far as I know. It wasn't even announced until nearly six months after Cryptic left CoH.
Captain
# 22
02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL CS.

I see a new renaissance for AFK grinders.

Time scaled rewards indeed.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I hope they (Cryptic) will keep fleet mark earning scaled. With high amount of fleet mark requirement, it is silly to remove a "solo" player from earning fleet mark.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Captain
# 24
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
How about before you take away one of the best ways to get fleet marks you give us a new way to earn them. Those of us who have been around this game for some time, you know the ones you make all your money off of, are board out of our skulls with grinding the 2 ground and 3 space missions you have given us for fleet marks. We have been doing the same missions over and over and over again for 8 MONTHS. Its not like these missions are challenging or interesting like STFs, they are basic missions that anyone can easily beat. How about adding elite versions that are more difficult but reward more marks, something to atleast make things more interesting.

I hope these "scaling" dilithium rewards are inline with what we get now, 960 for a 15-20min mission and more if the mission is longer. If not then you have yet again done more harm to the sto economy by reducing the dilithium supply in the market place while the demand is ever increasing.

All this to appease a small minority of foundry authors who complained about there story missions not getting played enough. Good job, anger the majority to appease a small minority.
Captain
# 25
02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
This is how the foundry missions should have been designed in the first place, to scale based upon average play time. This is how I suggested they do it over a year ago.
Are they going to add real dialogue trees that function as a true game mechanic that influence what happens instead of the current "You know, you've probably noticed just jamming F repeatedly produced the exact same in game result as careful reading by now" that we currently have? Because unless they're making dialogue a working game mechanic, this is a case of putting the cart before the horse.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 26
02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
what a shame..my finger was just about to click my mouse to become a founder of "you know" ...but this new input via my visual cortex stopped the movement..again: a shame
Community Moderator
# 27
02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
In the Tribble Release Notes thread, BranFlakes stated that fleet marks are intended for specific fleet and group activities.

Since they're pushing people to play STF's maybe those should grant FM's too. But I'm not a big fan of this idea that we should be forced to grind specific content when there's other stuff we'd rather be doing.

At this point, I think they should simply get rid of fleet marks altogether and just use Dilithium instead.

Let us decide how we want to play and where we want to spend our Dilithium.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 28
02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Are they going to add real dialogue trees that function as a true game mechanic that influence what happens instead of the current "You know, you've probably noticed just jamming F repeatedly produced the exact same in game result as careful reading by now" that we currently have? Because unless they're making dialogue a working game mechanic, this is a case of putting the cart before the horse.
Yes, there will always be players who will try to play through a mission faster than the average player, the same as for Cryptic-designed missions.
Career Officer
# 29
02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
kinda of sad that fleet marks cant be got with the foundry daily anymore especially after this.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=2
Career Officer
# 30
02-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Kind of saw this coming when I replied in a Foundry thread a while back. A handful of authors getting their feelings hurt because no one would play their stories.

In escense, "You will play my overly wordy mission or else!"

Another attempt to "legislate morality" and dictate to players how they will spend their hard earned free time.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Closed Thread