Captain
# 31
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
If this change is implemented and this grind becomes even 1 fm or dil worse, I promise to cancel my 3 month sub and go back to F2P and to spend no cash on the game until the changes are reverted or unless something else is introduced to make the grind easier.

I urge all to do the same.

The daily as it is right now is one of the best ways to grind FM and dil for all these T5 projects. Stop screwing up the already repressive grind.
Just say no to ARC
Community Moderator
# 32
02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I see a new renaissance for AFK grinders.
You've got a point. Although, they still have to complete the mission.

What just occurred to me, though, is that there is now a reason to queue up for PVE that rewards fleet marks and then AFK.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 33
02-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
You've got a point. Although, they still have to complete the mission.

What just occurred to me, though, is that there is now a reason to queue up for PVE that rewards fleet marks and then AFK.
Pretty easy to take care of with some simple code. Just look for missions with a high standard deviation of play-time and then put those through a different algorithm to clip off the time outliers rather than using the mean or median.
Career Officer
# 34
02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
If this change is implemented and this grind becomes even 1 fm or dil worse, I promise to cancel my 3 month sub and go back to F2P and to spend no cash on the game until the changes are reverted or unless something else is introduced to make the grind easier.

I urge all to do the same.

The daily as it is right now is one of the best ways to grind FM and dil for all these T5 projects. Stop screwing up the already repressive grind.
The foundry rewards are not supposed to be for "grinding" the same exploit missions over and over. They are supposed to be a reward to encourage players to try new missions with potentially interesting stories and gameplay.
Career Officer
# 35
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
I won't start b******g until I see how its rewarded.

.......even though my fingers are getting itchy! ah!
Commander
# 36
02-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Kind of saw this coming when I replied in a Foundry thread a while back. A handful of authors getting their feelings hurt because no one would play their stories.

In escense, "You will play my overly wordy mission or else!"

Another attempt to "legislate morality" and dictate to players how they will spend their hard earned free time.
I can pretty much guarantee that this wasn't due to a few complaints of unplayed missions, but because Cryptic looked at their internal data and saw that people were earning fleet marks "too fast" and by means other than grinding out the same fleet actions over and over.

It's not the Foundry authors saying "play our way or else," it's Cryptic (who have, as we see here, the power to actually enforce it).
Career Officer
# 37
02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Well from what I recall some team members didn't leave right away and worked on it. Anyway this just saved me and like 90 people 199 dollars each on Neverwinter preorders. We wanted to play it for the foundry, but that game's version will be nerfed too so no point in playing that. I won't even bother, even if they said nothing was going to change in that, because some day it would be.
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I thought I earned some today doing Battleship Royal Rumble. Did you do a foundry mission long enough to qualify for the rewards?
Captain
# 39
02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I thought I earned some today doing Battleship Royal Rumble. Did you do a foundry mission long enough to qualify for the rewards?
Check the Tribble notes, no FM s and the Dil will be on a sliding scale

EDIT -

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=549851

General:
Resolved an issue that could cause the Dilithium mining minigame to display incorrectly.
The Foundry daily missions have been replaced.
The existing daily missions have been removed.
Now, all qualifying Foundry missions will automatically reward a scaling amount of Dilithium and skill points/expertise.
Dilithium will be rewarded based on the average playtime of the mission.
All spotlight missions will reward the same as a qualifying mission, with two exceptions.
Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 Dilithium.
Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a scaling amount of Energy Credits, based on the player's level.

EDIT 2 - The FM removal is announced by Branflakes in the thread
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html

Last edited by verlaine11; 02-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
This is totally not fair for the KDF, the group fleet missions no body plays on the KDF side so its impossible to get fleet marks without the foundry.

I'm also very sick and I mean very sick I'm in and out of Hospital at the moment I don't get that much gaming time any more my reflex's are shot to hell and so is my eye sight (after effects of chemo) so I can't really play group missions that often the foundry gave me an option to still contribute to my Fleet.

I play some pretty long missions in the Foundry like killing over 40 odd ships, I earned my fleet marks can't they just increase the time again to a min 20min foundry mission instead?

Instead of punishing players!

Take away the fed one but leave the KDF ALONE!
Closed Thread