Career Officer
# 511
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayerguy7 View Post
Except it was.

Of all the top 'grinder' missions, how many had ships that shot at and killed each other and not you (you only had to 'tap' them once to get kill credit/loot)? How many had 'timid' enemies that never shot back (before they fixed it), how many had 'static fields' that removed all enemies shields while you were in the clear? How many had 40 battleship level enemies stacked on top of one another in order to create a easy chain reaction explosion which took them all out leaving you to clean up the loot stack?

Yeah, none of that is exploiting the system...
Once again, you cannot exploit a reward that has a set amount for a set time limit with a set cooldown. I don't know anyone who is able to get double rewards for the same 30 minute cooldown. There were no guidelines that said how an enemy needed to function or how much dialog you had to read. It's not an "Exploit" to play a mission to get its intended reward.
Career Officer
# 512
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
So, did anyone test how these timescaled rewards work and if there's a limit to the rewards yet? It would be pretty hilarious if they provided the people who where into the boff grinders with something that requires even less work lol, just start the foundry mission, click on a console, go watch a movie for however long it takes to get max rewards and there you go.
Career Officer
# 513
02-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
And are those missions suddenly gone?

Nope, the rewards were just lowered along with every single other mission. I never complained about the timid change, I never liked the fact that the exploity missions were somehow good for the daily, but to axe everything? Bah.

And they have gone on record as stating that currently even a well designed combat mission is ineligible for spotlight as only 'story' missions are accepted. Bah.

Don't tell me how to play your game. Exploits should be removed yes, but do not tell me story is the only thing that matters in UGC.

My sentiments exactly.
Captain
# 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
It's so cute that you (still) believe that Cryptic listens to Foundry authors,
Don't worry , it's also cute that the last 3 major nerfs that some foundry authors advocated just happen to occur one after the other .

Purple lirpaz ? You haz them ?? What a perfect coincidence ... .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Commander
# 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
How is that an exploit? The fleetmarks where a reward for time invested, now if someone found a way to bypass that time requirement, *that* would be an exploit....
Oh, you mean like the BOff grinders that you can go AFK for 20 minutes and have a sammich while the game completes itself? And this is a time investment on your part how?
Commander
# 516
02-14-2013, 03:07 PM
I understand why some want to blame the Foundry authors who complained their missions weren't being played. I do.
Because that would mean that Cryptic does listen to players and what they want, even if (this time) it was some other group that got their way. But hey, maybe next time they'll listen to us and give us what we want!

How much worse would it be to have to give up all hope, and accept they aren't listening to anyone?
Empire Veteran
# 517
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
It's so cute that you (still) believe that Cryptic listens to Foundry authors, or me, or you, or anyone but their bosses.

That's an overly cynical viewpoint. Cryptic may not listen to everything we have to say, but they also don't ignore us completely. Examples can be found everywhere, even in the most recent patch notes for instance:

- The Winter 2012 Fleet Project can now be cancelled.
- Federation and Klingon Starbases: The Winter 2012 Base Ornament will now start off as hidden after it is unlocked.
- Players who are dead while an Optional objective completes in a STF will now correctly receive the bonus marks.

All these changes are the result of complaints that first appeared on these forums.

While Cryptic does plenty of things to anger the playerbase, the foundry fleet mark debacle just being the most recent, I will never believe that they never listen to us.
Super Moderator
# 518
02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmox64 View Post
I'll put my two cents into the machine.

Keep the foundry as it currently is with one change.
Take whatever Dilithum you get and divide that by 20 or 30 to get your Fleet Marks reward.

{snip}

This way we would still get a huge library of missions we can play, but still get fleet marks based on your new formula for Dilithum rewards.
I like it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 519
02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayerguy7 View Post
Oh, you mean like the BOff grinders that you can go AFK for 20 minutes and have a sammich while the game completes itself? And this is a time investment on your part how?
Well now you can go AFK and do other things and still get Dil over and over. So did it really change... I can play Mass Effect while simultaneously running STO in the background on an AFK if I wanted... It's not going to stop AFKers, they will just find something else that is gonig to impact others on team missions.
Republic Veteran
# 520
02-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
That's an overly cynical viewpoint. Cryptic may not listen to everything we have to say, but they also don't ignore us completely. Examples can be found everywhere, even in the most recent patch notes for instance:

- The Winter 2012 Fleet Project can now be cancelled.
- Federation and Klingon Starbases: The Winter 2012 Base Ornament will now start off as hidden after it is unlocked.
- Players who are dead while an Optional objective completes in a STF will now correctly receive the bonus marks.

All these changes are the result of complaints that first appeared on these forums.

While Cryptic does plenty of things to anger the playerbase, the foundry fleet mark debacle just being the most recent, I will never believe that they never listen to us.
Any Klingons and Pvpers want to take this one?

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Closed Thread