Career Officer
# 631
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmirror View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
And so it begins......

ETA...I'd just like to point out I was not referring to branflakes editing of the message but the content of the message itself, which I shant repeat.

However, as Branflakes is clearly watching, I'd like to ask him directly how much this change was inspired by a tiny minority of foundry authors asking for it.

It would clear up an important issue, which is clearly causing considerable bad blood between players.

Last edited by rinkster; 02-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 632
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Some foundry authors have asked (and there is ample, irrefutable evidence of this) for rewards to be taken away from other players in order to have their own efforts appreciated more.
The part in bold is the part lost on some of the more vocal supporters of the change. I can see if people were making stuff up, but the evidence has been linked to. And the dates of said posts are way to convienient for it to be mere coincidence.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Ensign
# 633
02-14-2013, 04:21 PM
This update is a major fail from PWC in my eyes.

I am mainly a Lotro player coming to STO for a break. The grind has just become a joke within STO due to the latest update.

From my perspective its not about the dil, mainly about the removal of fleet marks from the foundry missions. Which offered a GREAT variety in ways of gaining these, instead we now have to grind the same 5-6 missions.

PWC would do well to remember that Turbine makers of LOTRO decided too put in a massive grind. The result of this was that players left in large numbers. This then resulted in Turbine going into chapter 11 (US) receivership (UK) bankrupt.

The fact that this thread is now 60 pages long should be telling you something dev's. I have underlined the point with relevant example of what can happen.

What ever happened to the US mind set the customer is right..............Forget it at your peril.

Ask some of the ex Turbine employee's.
Ensign
# 634 dilithium?
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
In the limited time i have to play during the week. I can venture to say. I can once every day make more dilithium if i do the deferra run, DAILYS IN NEUTRAL ZONE, BRAVE NEW WORLDS. AND doff missions. this would be double i would get in the same time. doing your 2 hour foundry mission.... bring back the Fleet Marks!!!
Captain
# 635
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhschilly1 View Post
PWC would do well to remember that Turbine makers of LOTRO decided too put in a massive grind. The result of this was that players left in large numbers. This then resulted in Turbine going into chapter 11 (US) receivership (UK) bankrupt.
I'm curious as to which grind you're referencing here
Ensign
# 636
02-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'm curious as to which grind you're referencing here
The radiance.
Career Officer
# 637
02-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhschilly1 View Post
This update is a major fail from PWC in my eyes.

I am mainly a Lotro player coming to STO for a break. The grind has just become a joke within STO due to the latest update.

From my perspective its not about the dil, mainly about the removal of fleet marks from the foundry missions. Which offered a GREAT variety in ways of gaining these, instead we now have to grind the same 5-6 missions.

The fact that this thread is now 60 pages long should be telling you something dev's. I have underlined the point with relevant example of what can happen.

What ever happened to the US mind set the customer is right..............Forget it at your peril.

Ask some of the ex Turbine employee's.
In the short term, it means a lot of players who are fans of both major sci-fi franchises, will take a hiatus and go back over to SWTOR, which just coincidentally started an in-game event there a couple days ago. They have a new rep sytem as well, however any progression you make in it, goes account wide, you don't have to grind every character you have separately.

In the long term, the only solution is that some fans band together, incorporate into an LLC, start a studio, and develop a Star Trek MMO the right way.
Lifetime subber and former STO player from when it didn't suck.
Ensign
# 638
02-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Shaka.......When the walls fell!!!
Republic Veteran
# 639
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Seeing as how this topic is so popular right now, I went ahead and made a video about it and uploaded it to Youtube. Look down for the link!
# 640
02-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Removing Fleet Marks and altering the Dailies (again) is, in my opinion, a mistake.

On the surface, it appears that these changes will negatively impact casual, or part-time, players the most. It will also, obviously, negatively impact Fleets, especially mid and small sized units.

From my perspective, this is a bad decision. Hopefully, they'll quickly reverse thier position, or introduce an alternative which is acceptable and rewarding for the majority of the Community.

Last edited by azyurion; 02-14-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Closed Thread