Republic Veteran
# 711
02-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
AHHH... But in season 4 we didn't have a job to do when we logged on. We didn't enslave ourselves to the grind for starbases, embassies, reputations, elite gear, and doffs. A lot has changed since the foundry started and much of it is time consuming.
Why do players slave themselves so much....relax take a chill pill it's only a game.

unless you want things NOW NOW NOW then well yeah time to slave.

Me i like to stop and pet a tribble...and yet I still have time to help my fleet mates

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 712
02-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I might get reamed for this but:

How the hell is this thread still open ?
Because if they close this one then five more will take its place... better to consolidate the rage here and hide it in the discussion thread rather than under feedback where it belongs.
Captain
# 713
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Don't worry Authors I still love ya, and that's all that matters.

Wow, this thread has just gone off the deep end of crazy
I want in before this thread is shut down!!

Just so you all no for the first 4-6 weeks of starbases - the only way to get Fleet marks was - FLEET MARK MISSIONS!!

Holy short memories Batman!
Career Officer
# 714
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, I think this is enough posting for one night, or at least for the moment. I think now I'm going to log in, and for a change I'm gonna make me a KDF and just focus some good ol' rage on NPC ships doing Empire Defense. My other characters can have a night off, I'm too aggressive right now to play Fed.
Lifetime subber and former STO player from when it didn't suck.

Fed: Astarsha, level 57 tactical officer

KDF: K'tana level 53 tactical officer
Empire Veteran
# 715
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I want in before this thread is shut down!!

Just so you all no for the first 4-6 weeks of starbases - the only way to get Fleet marks was - FLEET MARK MISSIONS!!

Holy short memories Batman!
Yes, and as Chris on stoked once said, time gated missions aren't the way to go. People grinding IOR's is just another example of Chris and the rest of us being proved true. People are tired of the same fleet grinders over and over that can only be done at X time, which isn't convenient to those of us that have odd work schedules.
Career Officer
# 716
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I work have a full time job, have kids have a life, I get maybe an hour or so in a night in front of the PC.

The 30 min founarys ment I could do a farmer then maybe do a little mission, The Corsairs is a great little story 10-15 minutes long, this got me some FM dill and EC from loot for my toons.

I felt I was a active member of my fleet and enjoyed the game MORE because it hid the grind.

I don't have the time for hours and hours of grinding, I don't want it.

Im voting with my wallet, gold being canceled this weekend.
Career Officer
# 717
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Why do players slave themselves so much....relax take a chill pill it's only a game.

unless you want things NOW NOW NOW then well yeah time to slave.

Me i like to stop and pet a tribble...and yet I still have time to help my fleet mates
It's not now now now... I have been working on the starbase for 7 months... I wouldn't say that's instant gratification. The constant changing is just getting old. You find a way to make it work and still have time play other missions and then, oh no, we have to change it again even though people are earning it according to the guidelines put forth.
Republic Veteran
# 718
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeheretic36 View Post
On a positive note, we do have that sexay T'pol uni in game
I actually kinda liked Enterprise except for the last episode. But Enterprise seems to be Star Trek's red headed stepchild and good for a chuckle.

People are really liking my video lol.
# 719
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
It's not now now now... I have been working on the starbase for 7 months... I wouldn't say that's instant gratification. The constant changing is just getting old. You find a way to make it work and still have time play other missions and then, oh no, we have to change it again even though people are earning it according to the guidelines put forth.
Ditto. My Klingon fleet has been grinding it's eyes out to get from tier 3 to tier 4 for the last 2 months. Omg, it's so fast!!!
Career Officer
# 720
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
oh dear.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=537351

From the first page of this thread.....

"Remove all rewards from Foundry missions, at least until a better means of sifting through the missions is found. I consider this to be a fairly draconian solution to the problem, but may lead to less hatred after the initial storm blows over. "

collegepark2151

"There is serious wisdom in this as a short term solution."

hippiejon

And you may find this familiar from the second page

"Both systems of rewards worked against the story-tellers, while working for players who needed stuffz in the least amount of time for the most amount of stuffz.

If there is no alternative to that trap, then I say remove the trap."

Kirksplat

For some strange reason, some of the supporters of this debacle expect us lowly masses to be devoid of reading skills.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Closed Thread