Ensign
# 101
02-14-2013, 09:48 AM
with these changes, what happens to smaller fleets?
Career Officer
# 102
02-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Overall, pretty impressed with the patch. Some tidy upgrades here and there - and a new outfit for the Steamrunner-class? So glad I just bought the Steam Starter Pack. Any chance that you could post an image of the new ship skin?

The removal of Fleet Marks from foundry missions, however, is less impressive. I get that you're always making sure that we can't ever get things too easily, but a total removal? That's just going to hurt the foundry just as much as it hurts regular players.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 103
02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarionp View Post
They have to get more active members or die.
Lieutenant
# 104
02-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benglow View Post
I'm thinking the same.
Ideal as a daily, horrible as a repeatable
It was awesome as a repeatable, for FM. Just cut the dill off of it and leave the FM, or up the FM in the STFs.
Ensign
# 105
02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Another nasty thought that wandered through my brain. Frankly I think they wish the small fleets to vanish and not be seen or have a star base higher then 3. But I can see why they might be doing this. This would give people in larger fleets a perhaps easier time in getting fleet credits. If people are unwilling to do the Fleet Actions then the new guys in the fleet might do them and get FC and be able to "rank" up and have access to the fleet shops. Just a thought and am just brainstorming here.

Then again seeing as I am in a small fleet. I do find this border line stupid and idiotic. But hey you know the saying "Embrace the suck"
Lt. Commander
# 106
Quote:
I think it really hurts the smaller fleets and makes me happy that the fleet I am a member of is fairly large and has active players and contributors.

I fail to understand why some people have expressed that they feel the IOR is better as a daily rather than repeatable. As a repeatable, you earn fleet marks more quickly....and this is a bad thing?
Ensign
# 107
Quote:
with these changes small fleets are effectively rendered inert. It is now virtually impossible for a small fleet to compete. Impossible for them to meet the requirements needed to upgrade. So why bother even trying?

I belong to a small fleet with few active members. And the requirements are insane. And with these new changes, impossible. So what now? My fleet is essentially dead.
Ensign
# 108
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
i admit ive only tried to do a few STF's however the experiance so far has been horrible. 1-2 people go link dead as soon as the stf map loads, due to the craptastic map change so you loose connection bug. the rest of the stf was spent banging our heads against the walls untill players rage quit. the foundry mishes were an awesome way for me to actually get some kind of FM at all.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Hello Captains! We will be extending maintenance today for another two hours.
Captain
# 110
02-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Ok, i'm patching!
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Closed Thread