Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 101
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Well, killing a cube with just a mine-load and a torpedo wasn't OP enough?
Or one shooting players in pvp? After the last "nerf" I tried them out and one-shoted three escorts in pvp with one mine-load. And those weren't bad players.

Since I dont play pvp often, I do not care much about pvp-issues, but after playing them, I concurre that they are more than a bit OP. Had one player with me in Infected, and he damaged the cube with one projectile dealing 243k damage.

You are angered because you get one-shoted in a STF? I can imagine the frustration after being one-shoted by another player, who isnt even better than you or has better equipment than you. In fact, Tric-mining is the easiest way to play.

Your position is just silly.

You killed 3 escorts, one shotted them..with tricobalt mines. Let's examine what is required for that to happen:

Mine deployment delay: 2 seconds.
Mine activaction delay: 3 seconds.
Mine speed once it homes: 1/6th impulse (when any ship @ min engine power).

Mine hitpoints: ~250hp
# of tricobalt mines with dispersal beta 3: Four.

So... for these mines to hit an escort....

... the escort has to have been flying directly at the mines or was snared or sitting still in space.

...that escort did not see the 5 second, VERY VISIBLE animation (hell it even TWINKLES for attention when they activate) when the ship deployed the mines barely 1km away from him.

...escort flew directly into an already deployed and cloaked minefield and was so unfortunate he was also flying directly AT the mines..and got hit in the face (not side or rear).


Of all the above, only the LAST one excuses any and all player skill issues from the escort that died to it.

The other 2 reasons merely indicates extreme poor skills from the escort or the escort willingly ignored the mines and let them home in on him....at 1/6th impulse. There are a dozen ways to counter slow moving mines...if that escort did not have one on him then tough luck.

As for PVE: Tric mines work very well because they do spike and damage and stun at the same time. A cube does not die because 4 mines hit it, it dies because the 1st mine that hits it stuns off its auto-repair and shield-healing and allows the other three mines to inflict damage without mitigation.

A player getting hit by 2 tricobalts has the first tric slam his shield out and stun him and the 2nd mine hits the naked hull just before the stun wears off. THAT is what makes the tricobalts so darn effective.


They should remove the stun from the tricobalts, return the old damage. Replace the stun with a simple knockback+timer increase (say, if a bridge power had 5 seconds to be re-used it gets bumped to 7) rather than a complete stun effect.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 67
# 102
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
bpharma it would not let me quote your post it kept giving me another quote, however on with my post. I am sorry if I mistook your earlier post and as for your last post I completely agree about your concerns with the gates if it can target you then it has to be targetable but gates where I have seen gates destroyed early in Khitomer is space it does not adversely effect the result of the STF as the Spheres still spawn when you have destroyed the Genarators. But again with the gates as I suggested with the transformers as well as conferring a massive regen the nanite Gens/Probes/transformers should also confer a ludicrous damage resistance too and that would solve the problem infinitely better than nerfing trics because as I said earlier there is nothing to stop players just dropping mines in tandem now. I also agree that one before the last patch where trics were nerfed where the normalised the criticals was a step in the right direction but then it has been suggested that if one mine goes critical they all do which produces absurd results, if that is the case then there was still a better way of resolving that if they reduced the crit damage of each mine by 75% then even if all 4 trics went critical it would only be as if one under the old numbers had gone critical.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,013
# 103
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
I like the suggestion(s) to simply remove crit bonus and restore orginal base damage and timers. That would make them essentially on par with every other torpedo plus crit. Basically you would use them for guaranteed crit, but you only get the guarantee if you hit the target. That would effectively limit them to PVE.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,176
# 104
02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I like the suggestion(s) to simply remove crit bonus and restore orginal base damage and timers. That would make them essentially on par with every other torpedo plus crit. Basically you would use them for guaranteed crit, but you only get the guarantee if you hit the target. That would effectively limit them to PVE.
let there be crit, only reduce it's max to 25% of the previous max.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 105
02-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Is there any word on how soon the temporal and bioneural torpedoes will be fixed???

I really hate waiting weeks for bugs that were identified early on Tribble to be fixed on Holodeck despite all of the advanced warnings.

Out of curiosity, has Cryptic ever stopped a Holodeck deployment due to patch bugs being identified earlier on Tribble?

Last edited by shar487a; 02-15-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
# 106 restore necessary...
02-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Why cant they just restore the gameplay as it was before the patch? Enough ppl are complaining about it....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,428
# 107
02-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roejspinodji View Post
Why cant they just restore the gameplay as it was before the patch? Enough ppl are complaining about it....
Because that would involve them admitting that they made a mistake. Something they will fight to the bone to avoid doing. Pride gets you nowhere, Cryptic. In fact, it's more admirable to admit when you're wrong rather than fight an already lost battle.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 108
02-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roejspinodji View Post
Why cant they just restore the gameplay as it was before the patch? Enough ppl are complaining about it....
Lol ind incur the wrath of 1,000 PvP crybabies?

Where do you think this nerf came from, anyways?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,428
# 109
02-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Lol ind incur the wrath of 1,000 PvP crybabies?

Where do you think this nerf came from, anyways?
It seems that it's not a case of the majority wanting a change, but rather a very loud minority.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 110
02-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Cryptic is a lot like Congress.

They cater only to the special interest groups that lick their boots.


That is, federation escort pilots.

For you see... this change to tricobalts ONLY benefits them. Increases their damage output by a significant amount while non-fed escorts cannot compete.

Since the majority of the players in this game ARE federation escorts and they are the dumkoffs that keep purchasing crap to make their ships even more overpowered... well, you get the idea why congress bends over for them. constantly.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 AM.