Lieutenant
Ok, since Fleet Marks have been taken from Officer Reports, its high time to share good ideas as to how to get some back using whatever methods remain.

This may not be new info to a lot of people, but if it helps one other person or fleet to get around this situation, then its worthwhile.

1. FLEET MARK/CXP BOOSTER
If you have Fleet Credits/EC to spare, get yourself a Fleet Mark Booster from your Fleet Starbase, and a CXP Booster from the Exchange. They give a 20% boost to any CXP/marks that you do earn. This is a must, for either/both methods

2. CXP Turn-In
Every 10k DOffing CXP over 110k in a field, can be exchanged for Fleet Marks (more, with the bonus). Some of the best CXP missions however, come from shipboard assignments- your Ready Room (Mil/Esp), Sickbay (Medical), Science Lab (Researching samples), and Engineering - ALL give DOff missions that offer comparatively large CXP rewards.

These are mostly high-value CXP missions, all on your own ship. Get a Crit, and you could be looking at 5,000 CXP in a field for one DOff mission - thats half your turn-in requirement for that single field. Even with Greens, you will still get a high chance of success, and it all adds up.
Long and grindy I know, but its reliable for (literally) 5-10 minutes work per toon. More Toons = More CXP = More Marks...

3. Fleet PvE
Yes, I know it blows. Yes, there are AFKers killing it, and yes these missions generally suck. However, both the limited reward AND the AFKers can be avoided, by one simple trick. Keep them within your own fleet, like many people do with STFs. If a mission rewards 20 FM each, you and 4 fleetmates can earn 100+ fleet marks in 10 minutes. Or more, if you all are using boosters.

I know it sucks, and I think taking FM from IOR will be the death-knell for a lot of fleets, but there are a few tricks out there to get around it.

If anyone else has any ideas to add, please feel free to add them in.

Mods - please dont move this for a little while, as its relevant general information given whats happened.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-14-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Inflammatory title
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-14-2013, 09:22 AM
A daily expertise to fleet mark conversion job, run through the Doff system?
Career Officer
# 3
02-14-2013, 09:24 AM
OK, I know that I'll probably get flamed for this, but...

With the recent change to Office Reports, there have been a ton of posts about getting FMs.

A couple of things that I did not see, with people posting alternatives, is Nukara and Defera.

You can still get FMs in those two area. Granted there are not a lot, but the missions are easy, and doing them during the Fleet Mark event kind of helps.

Just a thought to throw out there.
Career Officer
# 4
02-14-2013, 09:27 AM
OR

Implement a system like they did inCoH with "prestige". You can earn prestige doing any PvE content in the game, and were not pigeonholed into tedious, boring and timed content.

You could even add a "Fleet Bonus" to reward an extra % upon mission completion when teamed with fellow fleet members.

Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Some of the best cxp rewards for doff missions come from the "current map" list in the gamma quadrant. The ones w/ the brownish background and generally require resolve on one or more doffs. I routinely crit on these and get 1k in cxp for a 4-6 hr doff mission.
Commander
# 6
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
you get 5 fleet marks for the officers watch at your starbase. If you have a fleet mark booster, it gives 6 fleet marks.
Captain
# 7
02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
you get 5 fleet marks for the officers watch at your starbase. If you have a fleet mark booster, it gives 6 fleet marks.
Woohooo!!!
Those of us who see things for what they are need to get it through our heads that no matter how much we rant about it, THEY WON'T CHANGE!. We can either live with it, or we can go find some other game to play until it too embraces the same tactics. The reality is, STO is what it is, and it will not be anything else, no matter how much some of us may want it to be...
Ensign
# 8
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
You used to get 50 fleet marks from doing 1 foundry run. With that gone, everything has changed....

Frankly I'm wondering if it is time to find a more mature MMORPG to invest my time in...
Career Officer
# 9
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
The problem with Defera is that it used to reward about 100 FMs for the full hard run, now its 60.. which is not worth the 20 mins and the constant struggle for fighting against bugs.

Nukara is even more limited, the 2 hards give a total of 50, and you can do some mediums, but unless you run it back to back (and you aren't going to get 5 people to run it back to back), the organization time and trying to fit a full group into those tiny instances is just not worth that either.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 10
02-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Fleet action daily. Still 50 fm, 60 if you have the booster.