Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I just experienced an annoying bug in KASE where a normal cube gave me a 2 minute cooldown on *every* ability (including my weapons/torpodoes). A fleet mate also experienced this. I will try to recreate the event, but it possibly has something to do with the borg tractor beam.
Lt. Commander
Something has randomly been triggering a 2 minute cooldown on all my abilities and weapons, which persists even after respawning. I *think* that it's related to cooldown-reducing DOffs. I have 3 blue damage control DOffs which reduce the cooldown on EPtX abilities, and 2 green DOffs which reduce the cooldown on engineering team.

I can verify that activating EPtX abilities causes the cooldown, but I'm not positive about ET -- it just feels like it happens a lot more often with both ET and EPtX doing it.

It's a really gamebreaking bug -- you can't do anything, not even fire weapons when it happens, and it's very frequent. Cycling two abilities with cooldown reduction seens to trigger it within a minute of play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn03 View Post
I just experienced an annoying bug in KASE where a normal cube gave me a 2 minute cooldown on *every* ability (including my weapons/torpodoes). A fleet mate also experienced this. I will try to recreate the event, but it possibly has something to do with the borg tractor beam.
I had the same thing, I reported it just as you were posting this.

Do you use DOffs to reduce the cooldowns of your abilities? I think that's what's triggering it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19 View Post
I had the same thing, I reported it just as you were posting this.

Do you use DOffs to reduce the cooldowns of your abilities? I think that's what's triggering it.
Yes, I use torpedo DOFF's.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn03 View Post
Yes, I use torpedo DOFF's.
I'd bet that's what's causing it. I'm going to try unequipping my DOffs to see if it still happens.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
I'd bet that's what's causing it. I'm going to try unequipping my DOffs to see if it still happens.
Okay. I unequipped my DOffs and it still happens. I tried taking my bridge officers out of their stations then re-equipping them to see if that helped, but it still happens.

I've been running "Past Imperfect" to test it, and it happens within 10 seconds of beginning to shoot. It's definitely my keystrokes doing it (it doesn't happen if I don't press any buttons).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2013, 11:55 AM
...and now it's stopped. The only thing I did differently was re-equip my DOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
I did my second ISE run and nothing happened. I will try to do KASE now and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2013, 12:02 PM
...and it just randomly started again.

Literally EVERYTHING goes on cooldown -- I can't even balance my shields.

EDIT -- I'm getting the bug almost ever time I fight, but it only happens in combat.

Last edited by inktomi19; 02-14-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
...and it just randomly started again.

Literally EVERYTHING goes on cooldown -- I can't even balance my shields.
Hm, I guess it's only a small minority experiencing this bug, otherwise the forum would have been flooded. Do you see this bug in KASE? or just in random events.
Closed Thread