Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 101
02-16-2013, 01:49 AM
ive tried the toon again today (XxNinjaz1xX@xxninjaz1xx) and the same problem happened in KASE this time . . . admittedly it took longer to happen . . . got to fighting cubes above transformers.

i dont know if this has already been mentioned but i dont think it has anything to do with doffs . . . i removed all of mine.

Thanks
Ensign
# 102
02-16-2013, 04:36 AM
ok i still have the problem...

Tried avoiding using eng team ii and seemed to work...

Accidently used it and after that science team 1 and bang the 2 min CD...

Hope this helps to solve the problem

Daan
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Just in case: I have the same problem.

Without using Eng. Team II.

Last edited by calintane753; 02-16-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-16-2013, 06:00 AM
just got this now, used engineering team 2 and bam 2 min cd on everything including weapons. working as intended?
Lieutenant
# 105
02-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
With flyingtarg's help, we managed to whittle this bug down to 3 steps.

1. Activate Engineering Team.
2. Activate Beam Overload.
3. Fire twice.

No keybinds needed, no complicated macros, no messing about with build orders. 3 steps. Elementary!

So the fix is coming. In the meantime, if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

*adjusts detective hat* Cheers!
So here is what I did. I replaced my bridge officer beam overload ability with fire at will. I left the rest the same, including leaving the engineering team ability... and it seems to work.

This might also explain why my tactical ship (which uses cannons and would not have an officer equipped with beam overload anyway) did not seem to be affected by this bug.

I can live without beam overload if it means I can actually play. Thanks again for all your hard work
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Sounds like I'm going to have to rely on the slow repair, and my EPtS powers more.. There's less need to me use Engineering Team then. Actually I think I used it to restore Weapons when I got hit the second time. I'll use the batteries next time.
Captain
# 107
02-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Was in KASE killing the probes/spheres ect - 1 gate had just died - on my side and suddenly all my skills and torps went on a 2 minute cooldown, so all i had was my cannons and turrets
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html

Last edited by verlaine11; 02-16-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Career Officer
So, the new patch introduced a new feature! Going up against a Negh'var? Well, you just earned yourself a two minute global cool down! Not even dying will let you escape its grasp and while it's active you cannot shoot, you cannot go fast, YOU CANNOT USE ANY ABILITIES.

Cool feature Bro. Clearly, Cryptic wants me to get sick of this and go do something else.
Ensign
# 109
02-16-2013, 11:04 AM
happens to me randomly, thought it was tactical initiative causing it, stopped using it seemed to work for about 7 stfs and few foundry missions and just now in a KASE it happened again! The one thing that still seems to work is launching fighters as they only receive a 1 min cd when everything else gets a 2 min cd for some reason....
Captain
# 110
02-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Sounds like an awesome console waiting to happen if you ask me. :shiftyface:
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Closed Thread