Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I think it's triggered by trying to fire my phasers; I don't get the bug when I don't have any weapons equipped. It specifically happens when I try to fire but some or all of my phasers are already in their firing cycle.

I'm going to try equipping completely different weapons and see if it persists.

EDIT -- It still happens with different weapons, but having fewer weapons equipped makes it take longer before it happens.

Last edited by inktomi19; 02-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Yep, just finished a Khittomer, Was in the middle of fighting a borg cube when I noticed that I was starting to die. I realized that I couldn't do anything other than move because all my abilities, weapons, devices, everything was on a 2 minute cooldown. For a second there I thought a GM was trolling me lol .
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I just checked and if I log on to the same character from a different computer, the bug persists.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Happened to me as well.

I was in my Vesta and had just used all my Console abilities... which have the same shard cooldown as this bug cooldown. So I was wondering if this was what was causing it.

Were you others using the Vesta at the time of the bug?
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Same thing happened to me and my buddy. We were in a Foundry mission.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
02-14-2013, 04:53 PM
We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?
Ensign
# 27
02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Just happened to me a little while ago as well. Never happened before today. I think its the game AI developing its own defensive capabilities... Skynet anyone...

http://postimage.org/image/eo7leckpt/
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?
I've been hammering the spacebar. I watched my weapons as it happened a few times, and each time it happens some of my weapons are still cooling down when I press the spacebar again. When I slow down, it can still happen.

The number of weapons seems to affect how often it happens; I took the 8 beams off my cruiser and replaced them with 4 different beams and it still happened, but it took a lot longer.

I've been using a keybind to fire:
Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"

If I use "FireAll" in place of "FirePhasers" it still happens. I mentioned the keybind because from the screenshots it looked like at least one other player with the same problem uses the same keybind. When I get a chance I can try to bind my firing to a different key (apart from all the other stuff) and see if it still causes the bug .
Ensign
# 29
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
I get the same bug! Everything locked for 2 min. http://i.imgur.com/AlPzDQ9.jpg
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
02-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19 View Post
I've been hammering the spacebar. I watched my weapons as it happened a few times, and each time it happens some of my weapons are still cooling down when I press the spacebar again. When I slow down, it can still happen.

The number of weapons seems to affect how often it happens; I took the 8 beams off my cruiser and replaced them with 4 different beams and it still happened, but it took a lot longer.

I've been using a keybind to fire:
Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"

If I use "FireAll" in place of "FirePhasers" it still happens. I mentioned the keybind because from the screenshots it looked like at least one other player with the same problem uses the same keybind. When I get a chance I can try to bind my firing to a different key (apart from all the other stuff) and see if it still causes the bug .
What powers do you have mapped to the 6th tray?
Closed Thread