Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
What powers do you have mapped to the 6th tray?
Emergency Power to Weapons 1
Emergency Power to Shields 3
Engineering Team 1
Engineering Team 2
Aux to SIF 3
Aux to SIF 1
Beam Overload 2
Beam Overload 1
Extend Shields 1
Extend Shields 2

When it first happened I had a different build; I can't remember what was where, but I had almost completely different powers. The only ones that were the same were EPtW and EPtS, and I had just assigned 3 Damage Control Engineer DOffs when it first happened.

I can use that keybind and activate the powers without problem as long as the weapons don't fire. I've also tried setting my weapons to fire when I press the "H" key, and that works without problems. It's just when I use the keybind to fire and just on one character. I tried setting up another character with similar DOffs and BOffs, and it doesn't mess up.

I was in "Infected: the Conduit" when it first messed up, so maybe that had something to do with it? I think I had the Borg boarding party on me messing with my cooldowns when they first went wacky.

EDIT -- I just broke another character doing Cap and Hold. Different tray setup, no DOffs that affect cooldowns, just spamming the keybind. It took about 5 minutes of constant combat. I haven't checked to see if the problem persists with that character the same as with my other.

EDIT 2 -- if I don't hit the keys too quickly it doesn't seem to do it. On both characters that it started I was pressing the spacebar as quickly as I could and trying to activate other abilities on other keys as well.

The first character I had the problem with stayed broken, so that firing using the spacebar keybind always causes the probelm, but the second character only had the problem one time when things were especially hectic.

Last edited by inktomi19; 02-14-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Lieutenant
# 32
02-14-2013, 07:09 PM
This happened to me to on two different characters on two different ships.
Commander
# 33
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Ran a infected space elite with no problems, but the timer bug hit me in Cure space elite.
Career Officer
# 34
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
After respawning in two STF Elites, KASE and CSE, all powers were on 2 minutes (or more) of cool down. Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,479,113

Dev's, if you need to test drive my toon k'matt@aoav160, I am at work from 6 AM - 7 PM CST.

Several other fleet and team mates had it.
Cryptic's promise of a full Klingon factionHawks: "The big problem is Cryptic didn't know what big IP they bought when they took over STO in the first place. The end result we are playing today. Cryptic was and will never be the right company for a Star Trek MMO."Death of a Fleet
Lieutenant
# 35
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Optima@sdf01macross

I have the 2min cooldown problem. I have a power cycle bound to spacebar, including Beam Overload I and II. The spacebar bind includes distribute shields, EPTS3, EPTS2, EPTW1 x2, EngT, SciT, BO1, BO2, and Fleet Support.

Starting today, I get a 2 min cooldown and it feels related to beam overload. From limited testing, my guess is that the bug does not happen when I only have one copy of BO bound to spacebar.

I mash spacebar like a boss. On opening volley, the EPTx powers start chaining and ET/ST fire every 30 seconds, and BO fires immediately with a shot every 15 seconds. With this setup the bug happens almost immediately. When I remove one of the BO copies, it doesn't happen.

My bindfile looks like the one above, except I removed the "FirePhasers" command and my weapons are on autofire, set to "toggle, change cancels."

Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root $$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"
Y "team Please call team target"
Lieutenant
# 36
02-14-2013, 08:36 PM
deletedeletedeletedelete

Last edited by sdf01macross; 02-14-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: del
Career Officer
# 37
02-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I just had this happen to me twice while running my foundry mission. I use autofire of beams for PvE missions like this.
Career Officer
# 38
02-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Im getting this 2min cooldown on all abilities and my ship will not fire. Its horrible and so far is only happening in STFs. KSE & ISE
Captain
# 39
02-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?
I can't believe that I forgot similar happening to me last night!

I was fighting Borg in the Asset Recovery mission and I thought I was hit by a subnuke since my buffs all reset. But then the cool down would start up again upon reaching zero. I didnt notice if it was all of the tray powers or not but it didnt seem to effect the secondary tray I keep on the side if the screen. This cycled several times until the sphere died thanks to the auto fire.

I have my energy weapons set to auto fire. I always hit the space bar to set them off. This happened while using an all turret build.

Oh, the cool down I had wasnt two minutes. Looked like eight seconds for some, regular cool down for others. Maybe it's just a regular attack I've never encountered until now?

Last edited by twg042370; 02-14-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Lieutenant
# 40
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf01macross View Post
Optima@sdf01macross

I have the 2min cooldown problem. I have a power cycle bound to spacebar, including Beam Overload I and II. The spacebar bind includes distribute shields, EPTS3, EPTS2, EPTW1 x2, EngT, SciT, BO1, BO2, and Fleet Support.

Starting today, I get a 2 min cooldown and it feels related to beam overload. From limited testing, my guess is that the bug does not happen when I only have one copy of BO bound to spacebar.

I mash spacebar like a boss. On opening volley, the EPTx powers start chaining and ET/ST fire every 30 seconds, and BO fires immediately with a shot every 15 seconds. With this setup the bug happens almost immediately. When I remove one of the BO copies, it doesn't happen.

My bindfile looks like the one above, except I removed the "FirePhasers" command and my weapons are on autofire, set to "toggle, change cancels."

Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root $$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"
Y "team Please call team target"

just happened to me in PVP. Used the same setup as above except had Torp Spread I in place of BO1. Right when I hit evasive manuv. I had all 2min cooldowns again.
Closed Thread