Lt. Commander
# 1 DEMORECORD Question
02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Is there a hidden hotkey somewhere that will completely hide the UI in DEMORECORD for the purpose of shooting videos? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I believe what you're supposed to do is not simply record the footage shown in the demorecord utility with fraps (although that is definitely the simpler way), but rather export the recording into another folder which basically takes screenshots of every single frame in the recording (screenshots don't show the UI), and then reassemble those screenshots with something like Windows Movie Maker to make it an actual video.

The major benefit is that there are settings you can use to increase the render setting so that the screenshots come out looking better than what you could normally get with a recording of a live playthrough. It takes more time to generate these high-render screenshot frames, but you get a much better end result.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 3
02-21-2013, 08:39 AM
I played around with Demorecorder back in the day (over 2 years ago). It kept crashing my system. It looked intense and the little bit I got from it was awesome.

I haven't heard of how to make it take screen shots though.

There was a thread back in the day that had a program to access your recordings. I don't know if its still around and I forgot how to get into the demorecorder once a recording was made.

Anyone have time to sit down and show me how this awesomeness of a feature works?

I also heard back in the day you could use some third party program to load the demorecorder file. Something about 3-D and it can utilize camera points or something. When I checked on it, it wasn't a free program and if my memory serves me correctly, it was expensive.

Thanks!

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard