Republic Veteran
I mean shouldn't they?

You never heard Picard say lock phasers and hold quantum torpedo's till their shields are down? Janeway definitely would of hoarded every single photon torpedo unless she knew they were going to hit bare hull when they had a limited supply.

I'm definitely not saying they should be as or nearly as affective as a energy weapon or everyone with a decent turn rate would be flying torp/mine boats and that would be just the opposite end of the problem we have now.

There was hardly a ship that didn't have some type of torpedo and heck even some shuttles could be equipped with them.

I'll still use them even if it does hurt me sometimes...but I just wish they were a bit more affective...
Lieutenant
# 2
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I mean shouldn't they?

You never heard Picard say lock phasers and hold quantum torpedo's till their shields are down? Janeway definitely would of hoarded every single photon torpedo unless she knew they were going to hit bare hull when they had a limited supply.

I'm definitely not saying they should be as or nearly as affective as a energy weapon or everyone with a decent turn rate would be flying torp/mine boats and that would be just the opposite end of the problem we have now.

There was hardly a ship that didn't have some type of torpedo and heck even some shuttles could be equipped with them.

I'll still use them even if it does hurt me sometimes...but I just wish they were a bit more affective...
I agree, They need to have a little more "Umph" Against shields.

But then again, If everything here was exactly how it was in the movies, Battles would last seconds, A single torpedo could destroy a lightly shielded vessel, And there would barely even be any female ferengi traders, And they would mostly (if not all) Be in the nude.
Captain
# 3
02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfexile1 View Post
...And there would barely even be any female ferengi traders, And they would mostly (if not all) Be in the nude.
And the issue here being...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 4
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
torpedoes should prevent shield balancing for 2 seconds ...only tac team should override it.

that alone is enough of a balancing act for their low damage on shields.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Ensign
# 5
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Would suggest a higher bleed through damage for all projectiles,or something like the borg thing where it puts your skills on a small timer.
Commander
# 6
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Torpedos are fine as they are, they are doing enough damage even with shields up.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS
Captain
# 7
02-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Photons should do more dmg to shields to make them interesting alternative to quantums.
Commander
# 8
02-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Torpedos are fine as they are, they are doing enough damage even with shields up.

LoL They are so much used most of the captains dont even use energy wep is that right
Career Officer
# 9
02-18-2013, 02:16 AM
I've taken down shields with Photon Torpedo's.

Heck, others have taken down my shields with their torps, yet any are yet to survive my backlash.
Join Date : September 2010. Still boldly going forward because Cryptic couldn't be bothered to install reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who know me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
If they are doing so well then why is it common place for most ships to use nothing but energy weapons?