Career Officer
# 41
02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I like that idea, gives viability to Science Ships.

One thing I would suggest, add a bit of variety into the battle so that each run is a bit different. But not so much that basic strategies wouldn't work.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Captain
# 42
02-19-2013, 08:10 PM
While you're bringing back the CE, bring back the DS9 fleet action too.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Career Officer
# 43
02-19-2013, 08:17 PM
If they ever bring it back, maybe this time I'll know what to do.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 44
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
While you're bringing back the CE, bring back the DS9 fleet action too.
YES! I still have a key for that dammit!
Survivor of Remus
# 45
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I like that idea, gives viability to Science Ships.

One thing I would suggest, add a bit of variety into the battle so that each run is a bit different. But not so much that basic strategies wouldn't work.
That's why I made it. To add more ppl running sci ships. To remove their flag as Useless in PvE.
Career Officer
# 46
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
That's why I made it. To add more ppl running sci ships. To remove their flag as Useless in PvE.
Indeed. And goes nice with Trek where the Entity was vulnerable to one particular weakness.

Speaking of such, since what lured the Crystaline Entity and eventually destroy it was by Graviton Pulse Generators, be interesting if the CE revision could incorporate that to some degree. Like using it causing a massive threat increase (lure), but at the same time opens up a vulnerability.

But at the same time, to prevent people from stacking the ability, if more than one person uses the console while its in use, it creates a resonance burst that causes a massive AoE shockwave that causes a damage-dealing knockback that can goes up to 10km (the farther away, the less the damage effect).
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Career Officer
# 47
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Why does CE have to be about hostilities? Here is a silly idea. Why can't we have the option to talk to it?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Cryptic Studios Team
# 48
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
If they ever bring it back, maybe this time I'll know what to do.
When the Crystalline Entity returns (which it will), this is one of the primary issues we will be addressing. We just finished a new feature that will enhance pop-up help and notifications on when you need to do specific tasks.

That, along with other improvements to the CE, will put this Fleet Action back to being awesome (and available).
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Why does CE have to be about hostilities? Here is a silly idea. Why can't we have the option to talk to it?
Because where's the fun in that? Tell you what, you can try talking to it, and after that doesn't work, I'll be there with my torpedo tubes loaded and my phasers charged.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
We just finished a new feature that will enhance pop-up help and notifications on when you need to do specific tasks.
This has to be Clippy, right?

"It looks like you're trying to lock phasers on target. Would you like some assistance?"
---
Relax.