Cryptic Studios Team
# 51
02-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaberedux View Post
This has to be Clippy, right?

"It looks like you're trying to lock phasers on target. Would you like some assistance?"
Would you prefer a little porthos that jumps around and asks if you want help with that task?
Republic Veteran
# 52
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Would you prefer a little porthos that jumps around and asks if you want help with that task?
Ummmm YES!!!

Lt. Commander
# 53
02-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Especially if he barks!

Free money idea: a Spot version in the Zen store for all the cat lovers out there.

We kid, but I can actually see other MMOs doing this. Tera comes to mind immediately. Let STO fire the first shot in the "tutorial pet" war!
---
Relax.
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
And might I add.. EV Suits for our little furry friends too please.

*Wants to see a low-gravity Epohh in action.*
Cryptic Studios Team
# 55
02-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
And might I add.. EV Suits for our little furry friends too please.

*Wants to see a low-gravity Epohh in action.*
Now that post is full of win.
Career Officer
# 56
02-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Personally, I loved the CE. I only ever beat it once, and that was in a PUG.

I loved that it was hard, and that you could spend 90 minutes trying to do it and still failing because people didn't listen to you. It may have been frustrating, but it was oh-so-rewarding when you finally completed it!

Bring it back. Add it to the public queue. Let those of us with some patience (and free time) try to beat it again!

Rihannsu
# 57
02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
I have a couple of requests pertaining to this:

I like the Crystalline Entity's model. Can it be placed in the Foundry or something? It would be interesting to use in missions.

However, as much as I like the Crystalline Entity's model, I personally see it as "some other" Crystalline Entity that grew different. The iconic Crystalline Entity from the TV show would be an amazing thing to see in game too, so if its revamped, perhaps we run into that one?

The Crystalline Entity was such a huge plot of the TV show that I think it would be a shame if there wasn't an actual mission, with story, about it in the game. So in that sense I'm not so gung-ho about it returning as a fleet action, so much as I am about it returning with some great story attached to it. Where did it come from? Why did it do what it did? Are there any more? What does that mean for the Federation (and Klingon Empire)?

Also, my co-host on Podcast UGC TerilynnS feels that Crystalline Entity was murdered in TNG, and desperately would like to see some kind of "diplomatic solution" for it instead. Just ideas.

I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
02-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Now that post is full of win.
Thank you.

That "silly" idea is actually one of the many ideas I have cluttered down in a .txt to post someday(tm).
Career Officer
# 59
02-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
We just finished a new feature that will enhance pop-up help and notifications on when you need to do specific tasks.
[X] don't show this message again

*click*
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
When the Crystalline Entity returns (which it will), this is one of the primary issues we will be addressing. We just finished a new feature that will enhance pop-up help and notifications on when you need to do specific tasks.

That, along with other improvements to the CE, will put this Fleet Action back to being awesome (and available).
Could we have a Borg Fleet Action fighting this?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook