Lt. Commander
# 101
01-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldolpsychosis
In commerce, enterprise architecture (EA) is the art and science of enterprise design. Enterprise architecture hopes that applying systematic rational methods to the design of an organization will produce an entity that more effectively and efficiently pursues its purposes.
The phrase "enterprise architecture" can refer to both the process and the product of this application of systematic methods. As a complex process, enterprise architecture may use a framework of methods and conceptual tools.
One formal definition of the architecture of an enterprise comes from the MIT Center for Information Systems Research:
Enterprise architecture is the organizing logic for business processes and IT infrastructure reflecting the integration and standardization requirements of the firmís operating model.
The Enterprise Architecture Research Forum defines EA as ".. the continuous practice of describing the essential elements of a socio-technical organization, their relationships to each other and to the environment, in order to understand complexity and manage change".
The IFEAD (Institute for Enterprise Architecture Developments) provides another comprehensive definition of enterprise architecture:
Enterprise architecture is a complete expression of the enterprise; a master plan which ďacts as a collaboration forceĒ between aspects of business planning such as goals, visions, strategies and governance principles; aspects of business operations such as business terms, organization structures, processes and data; aspects of automation such as information systems and databases; and the enabling technological infrastructure of the business such as computers, operating systems and networks.[4]
The National Institute of Health elaborates:
Enterprise architecture is a comprehensive framework used to manage and align an organization's Information Technology (IT) assets, people, operations, and projects with its operational characteristics. In other words, the enterprise architecture defines how information and technology will support the business operations and provide benefit for the business. It illustrates the organizationís core mission, each component critical to performing that mission, and how each of these components is interrelated. These components include: * Guiding principles * Organization structure * Business processes * People or stakeholders * Applications, data, and infrastructure * Technologies upon which networks, applications and systems are built Guiding principles, organization structure, business processes, and people donít sound very technical. Thatís because enterprise architecture is about more than technology. It is about the entire organization (or enterprise) and identifying all of the bits and pieces that make the organization work. Enterprise Architectureís Benefits A well-documented, well-understood enterprise architecture enables the organization to respond quickly to changes in the environment in which the organization operates. It serves as a ready reference that enables the organization to assess the impact of the changes on each of the enterprise architecture components. It also ensures the components continue to operate smoothly through the changes.
Practitioners of EA call themselves "enterprise architects."
An enterprise architecture description gives a holistic, systematic description of an enterprise. It encompasses business functions, business process, people, organisation, business information, software applications and computer systems with their relationships to enterprise goals.

In other words try putting ur hardware in with an AC unit rather then a heater. WTF... Its kinda like you trying to get ur payment from your customers and all the transactions say try again tomorrow.
whuuuaaa? why are you talking about the arcitecture of the enterprise ive seen several running around during the 2 hrs i got to play while servers were up iui think the architecture of the enterprise is sound most with some jackhole that named his toon kerk or sperk or something around those lines
Lt. Commander
# 102 Teapot
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
In commerce, enterprise architecture (EA) is the art and science of enterprise design.
Is that straight out of some text book?
You know all the those organization are just full of #$#$#!
Why don't you join my organization to Official Office of International Certification!

Your certification is not legit unless my OOIC certifies it.

STO would not get OOIC certified
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
So why are the servers down right now?I thought that other stuff was a day off or so.

How, often are the servers gonna be offline. Once a month, a week, an hour? Just tryijng to know what to expect.l
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 105 Downtime
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
I was watching the review of STO on Xplay.
They should do some downtime comparisons between MMOs.

I seen my friends play but, this is my first MMO.
Are they all like this? This is not Cryptic's 1st MM0.
Wow, ****, EVE?
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termeraire View Post
I was watching the review of STO on Xplay.
They should do some downtime comparisons between MMOs.

I seen my friends play but, this is my first MMO.
Are they all like this? This is not Cryptic's 1st MM0.
Wow, ****, EVE?
Definitely not cryptics first which is what makes this that much more frustrating. This is not supposed to be a norm cause of cryptics experience but is the norm as far as MMO's go to a degree.
Lt. Commander
# 107 Wow so helpful...
01-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I never knew a definition of a structure would fix the server down issue. I'm sure cryptic will be right on it now. Oh wait this was posted last night and the servers down again. Either they didn't listen to your post... or it's not a solution. It's not a solution it's a definition... and this isn't the problem. The problem is with the code crashing not the hardware behind it. So how is this helpful? :p

Quote:
In commerce, enterprise architecture (EA) is the art and science of enterprise design. Enterprise architecture hopes that applying systematic rational methods to the design of an organization will produce an entity that more effectively and efficiently pursues its purposes.
The phrase "enterprise architecture" can refer to both the process and the product of this application of systematic methods. As a complex process, enterprise architecture may use a framework of methods and conceptual tools.
One formal definition of the architecture of an enterprise comes from the MIT Center for Information Systems Research:
Enterprise architecture is the organizing logic for business processes and IT infrastructure reflecting the integration and standardization requirements of the firmís operating model.
The Enterprise Architecture Research Forum defines EA as ".. the continuous practice of describing the essential elements of a socio-technical organization, their relationships to each other and to the environment, in order to understand complexity and manage change".
The IFEAD (Institute for Enterprise Architecture Developments) provides another comprehensive definition of enterprise architecture:
Enterprise architecture is a complete expression of the enterprise; a master plan which ďacts as a collaboration forceĒ between aspects of business planning such as goals, visions, strategies and governance principles; aspects of business operations such as business terms, organization structures, processes and data; aspects of automation such as information systems and databases; and the enabling technological infrastructure of the business such as computers, operating systems and networks.[4]
The National Institute of Health elaborates:
Enterprise architecture is a comprehensive framework used to manage and align an organization's Information Technology (IT) assets, people, operations, and projects with its operational characteristics. In other words, the enterprise architecture defines how information and technology will support the business operations and provide benefit for the business. It illustrates the organizationís core mission, each component critical to performing that mission, and how each of these components is interrelated. These components include: * Guiding principles * Organization structure * Business processes * People or stakeholders * Applications, data, and infrastructure * Technologies upon which networks, applications and systems are built Guiding principles, organization structure, business processes, and people donít sound very technical. Thatís because enterprise architecture is about more than technology. It is about the entire organization (or enterprise) and identifying all of the bits and pieces that make the organization work. Enterprise Architectureís Benefits A well-documented, well-understood enterprise architecture enables the organization to respond quickly to changes in the environment in which the organization operates. It serves as a ready reference that enables the organization to assess the impact of the changes on each of the enterprise architecture components. It also ensures the components continue to operate smoothly through the changes.
Practitioners of EA call themselves "enterprise architects."
An enterprise architecture description gives a holistic, systematic description of an enterprise. It encompasses business functions, business process, people, organisation, business information, software applications and computer systems with their relationships to enterprise goals.

In other words try putting ur hardware in with an AC unit rather then a heater. WTF... Its kinda like you trying to get ur payment from your customers and all the transactions say try again tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm sure they didn't listen to his post, I wouldn't have, no code or server configuration is ever perfect when you first release it, It doesn't matter how many MMO's you've released and it doesn't matter how many Certifications you have, this is going to happen for a while until they iron out all of the bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok, seriously, I know we're not officially launched yet, but this is ridiculous. I really, really want to buy this game, but you need to make a case for my paying monthly to do so and this is not helping. I've been playing Guild Wars for years and I have never experienced anything like this. And Guild Wars doesn't have a monthly fee. I don't have a lot of time on my hands and if I'm going to sink time and money into a second MMO, it needs to be worth it. I had time to play yesterday after work, and the server was down. I get home from church and lunch today, sit down to play, and what do you know. Server down.

</rant>
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Cryptic = TRASH
Closed Thread