Lieutenant
# 1 Custom interior fights
02-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Having an issue with Tholian NPC ground groups jumping up onto the roof, and from there, falling off to the ground, of my custom map once their battle begins, usually dragging the players BOffs up with them.

Its only done this during live play testing, and only with those groups set into the story line, all groups that are not part of any object do not seem to be effected.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
see: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=479121

short version: it's a bug in preview mode. It should go away when you publish.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Lieutenant
# 3
02-15-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm having the opposite experience, its happening during live play testing, but working fine during editor testing. The Tholian NPC groups are the first to do it, then my BOffs follow after.

Also, they dont seem to be jumping to 0/0/0 as mentioned in the link you posted, they juss pop straight up through the roof, which can allow them to fall off if they move to far

Last edited by cyconianlord; 02-15-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyconianlord View Post
I'm having the opposite experience, its happening during live play testing, but working fine during editor testing. The Tholian NPC groups are the first to do it, then my BOffs follow after.

Also, they dont seem to be jumping to 0/0/0 as mentioned in the link you posted, they juss pop straight up through the roof, which can allow them to fall off if they move to far
I'll look into this. Can you get me your mission ID? That would be of assistance.

Thanks.

Last edited by crypticfrost; 02-15-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
Lieutenant
# 5
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
ST-HM8SSQIQJ

Its currently not published, should i publish it for your testing?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
ST-HM8SSQIQJ

Its currently not published, should i publish it for your testing?
No need for you to publish it at this time. I'll be looking at a copy of your project on our internal test server to start with.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Just to let you know, I did find the problem. It seems that lower level of your map was not getting set up with the necessary pathing data. What's odd is that the two other levels of the building were getting the pathing data. I've sent the issue on to the programmers, so we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Assuming you don't want to just wait for fix, I can make a suggestion you might try.

Block off the lower level, so you don't have to destroy it, and move the encounter to the main or upper level of the building. Those floors are getting the pathing information, so things should work properly if you use those floors or build upward for what you need. <Insert superstious invocation of luck here.>

Last edited by crypticfrost; 02-19-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo
Lieutenant
# 8
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Since its a part 2 for another mission that cant be published yet, i can wait a bit for a fix.

Is it possible that its not receiving the data since there are other elements of the storyline set onto the higher floors first?

maybe i should try moving the spawn down to the lower level n setting the first elements of the story there. That way the first parts of the mission there would generate the pathing from there, up, instead of the mid-floor and up.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
02-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Since its a part 2 for another mission that cant be published yet, i can wait a bit for a fix.

Is it possible that its not receiving the data since there are other elements of the storyline set onto the higher floors first?

maybe i should try moving the spawn down to the lower level n setting the first elements of the story there. That way the first parts of the mission there would generate the pathing from there, up, instead of the mid-floor and up.
I honestly don't know enough about how pathing data is added to map to even venture a guess. If you decide to try, let us know what happens. I'll also see if can glean some additional info.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Iight, so i went thro today, to run a test. I replaced the existing 4 NPC groups that we knew were having issues, i also lowered all the "new" groups by 1. I published it as this with no roofs in place.

Group 1 Mid-Floor -----(no story) Fine
Group 2 Low-Floor -----(story) broke, but was able to finish
Group 3-5 Low-Floor ---(story) broke, but was able to finish
Group 6 Mid-Floor ------(no story) fine
Group7-8 On walkway to High-Floor (no story) Broke
Group 9-10 High-Floor -(story) seems fine
Group 11 High-Floor ---(story) seems fine

Later today i will try moving the story line start to the lower floor, but seeing as how some of the higher groups are having issues too, im not sure that it will help anymore.