Captain
# 1 Dil cost for T5 Gear
02-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Luckily my keyboard has holes in the bottom to let water drain through.

I openned up T5 rep today.

34,000 dilthium, 1000 Omega marks and 10 BNPs for each piece of Gear!!

I was in shock!
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Luckily my keyboard has holes in the bottom to let water drain through.

I openned up T5 rep today.

34,000 dilthium, 1000 Omega marks and 10 BNPs for each piece of Gear!!

I was in shock!
What else did you expect considering the cost of fleet starbase projects?
Captain
# 3
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
The funny thing is when I started the Omega projects, I was under the mistaken impression that you had to get Tier X gear before you could get XI, and XI before XII... obviously that's not true.

Wound up with a Tier X space set and felt dumb.

Looking back now on the cost difference vs. stat difference? Honestly, it worked out pretty well for me. The set is fine and I saved a fortune.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
I am only doing the Reps for the passives, not the gear as I have Fleet Gear already.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
The funny thing is when I started the Omega projects, I was under the mistaken impression that you had to get Tier X gear before you could get XI, and XI before XII... obviously that's not true.

Wound up with a Tier X space set and felt dumb.

Looking back now on the cost difference vs. stat difference? Honestly, it worked out pretty well for me. The set is fine and I saved a fortune.
I've heard other people say the same thing on here. Not much of a difference between the borg X, XI, and XII. I think the borg engines are the same no matter what mark they are out of those three in terms of sector space speed.
Captain
# 6
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Have you seen some of the costs for the consoles and gear in the embassy yet? To be honest it's stuff like this that's killing my alts as well as the game for me. I don't mind grinding when i need to, but grinding to unlock, then grinding to buy, then grinding again for alts is just way too much for not enough. I can understand that "end game" needs to be expensive, but considering how watered down or non existent end game is here, it's really just asking for too much from players.
Captain
# 7
02-14-2013, 09:06 PM
well I got the adapted maco sheild - M12 but it will be the only piece of M12 I get at those prices.

Holy cow - full set at 102,000 dithium and 3000 marks

thats about 80 estf - and 13 days!!! of the 8000 refining cap.
Captain
# 8
02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Have you seen some of the costs for the consoles and gear in the embassy yet? To be honest it's stuff like this that's killing my alts as well as the game for me. I don't mind grinding when i need to, but grinding to unlock, then grinding to buy, then grinding again for alts is just way too much for not enough. I can understand that "end game" needs to be expensive, but considering how watered down or non existent end game is here, it's really just asking for too much from players.
I think that they believe people should grind for the gear so they can have gear that makes more grinding a bit easier!!

Just say no to the grinding insanity - I will get by on most of my alts with existing stuff.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
You're 2 months late on this. Its an old topic, many players have hit T5 much earlier and have discussed the same. Cryptic, as usual, didn't do anything.

Can we move on now?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
This is why so many people thought the old system was better, even if flawed. The lower level gear was practically free & easy to acquire. 15 runs of normal STFs netted you the full Borg set, and by the time you hit 30/40 runs you'd at least have one Mk X set completed & most likely have at least one Mk XI token. On a lot of my characters I had all 3 sets by the time I had done 40/50 STFN runs. It may have only been Mk X gear, but still.

At the same time you were collecting tech & edc's you could also collect salvage for ship weapons. You could easily fit out your ship with Mk XI Borg weapons shortly after you picked up the Borg set.

I'll never understand why people fawn over the new system, it's simply inferior. The only people who got anything out of it are the guys who had bad luck with Mk 12 gear, and frankly, if they had just added and EDC cost to Mk 12 gear like there was for lower level gear then there would never have been a problem.